Auto download to console when initiated from xbox.com.

I'd read that when something was bought from Xbox.Com, it would start downloading to your Xbox One straight away if you had it in standby mode, i,e, not the full turn off. I tried it, and it didn't seem to work, so was that just false information? Shame, what with new games being so large.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

Hey tnt monty,

So what you can do is purchase the game from Xbox.com and it will be in your "my games and apps" waiting for you to sign in and initiate the down load. If you are not in standby mode you will need to go to the store tab, find the game and install from there. I kinda would like that feature as well. What would be an interesting test is to buy an game to download on the console and sit with your "games and apps" tab open and see if it will initiate then?

Anyway I was rambling, reach back if you have any further questions that we can help you with.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, thanks for that. That is indeed what happened, it was ready to be installed... but if it had of worked, then I might just have been able to play as soon as I was back from work... first world problem I realise 😊. Was mainly asking as I'd read somewhere that this was supported. The 360 would start the download if it was on, and the thing I read said the One would do the same if in standby. It does updates in the background, so it's already checking live all the time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Next time I buy a game I'll give it a go.

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't suppose you could take a look at this one for me as well forums.xbox.com/.../4222200.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.