Audio through Xbox One Controller on PC

I bought a Wireless Xbox One Controller (Covert Forces) + Charge Kit a couple days back and it works fantastic on my PC. The Covert Forces version has one of those new 3.5mm Audio Jacks and I am trying to use that with some simple earplugs so I can keep murdering monsters in Witcher 3 without everyone annoying me to turn the volume down.

Now comes the problem, it doesn't work, like at all. The controller does not show up in the Audio Devices menu so I can't set it as my default playback device.

I've manually installed the drivers multiple times, I got the drivers here http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controller-pc-compatibility, so that should not be the problem.

I've also read the other topic on here that describes how you can fix this, but you'll need an older type Xbox One Controller which I sadly don't have. Topic: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4677/t/2008400.aspx.

Is this a known problem? Is it going to get fixed? How do I make this work? Please help, etc etc.

Edit: Oh and by the way, I'm running Windows 8.1, that's usually what troubleshooters like to hear.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

I've misinterpreted the note on the driver page, apparently, thanks for the comment. I'm kinda looking for an official answer that tells me if I'll be able to use the 3.5mm jack for audio in the future.

If not then there's no reason for to use the "Improved" Xbox One Controller, maybe others like me have bought this particular item for that specific reason.

Still hoping that Windows 10 and a driver update will add this functionality. We'll see.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It does mention, on the link you provided for the drivers, That the Headsets won't work through the controller and must be plugged directly into the PC.

Although it specifically mentions the MS manufactured ones, I can't imagine there's that much difference in the interface between other headsets.

Hopefully with Windows 10 right around the corner, the drivers may be updated to push audio through the controller too.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.