Audio Setup help needed

Dear All,

Thanks for reading this post:

I'm trying to connect Xbox 360 4gb Slim to an Orbitsound T12 v3 soundbar via TOSLINK. System starts fine in Dolby 5.1, and immediately there is a very loud and constant juddering sound (like static but more tonal). Switching to Dolby Stereo means I can browse the Home tabs fine, and play music, but as soon as I start a DVD juddering sound starts again, despite the fact that the system is now in Dolby Stereo. I have an HDMI cable running to an Optoma GT720 Projector, but it doesn't have TOSLINK out, so I can't send the signal on to the soundbar that way.

Am I missing a component here or is there some voodoo that needs doing?

Cheers

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

I have felt your pain, we have fallen into the black hole of Dolby non-support. I have a Philips sound bar myself with the same issues. It plays game audio just fine, however when I pop in a DVD its no good at all. You get a really weird high pitched mechanical whine noise... Unfortunately that is the sound of your sound bar not supporting HDMI Audio. In looking up your product I came across this review: http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.php/2012/05/31/review-orbitsound-t12v3/ In it you will find that neither 5.1 nor any other form of Dolby support is provided. In trying to circumvent the problem myself, I have used an optical cable attached through that extra cable Microsoft manufactures for this purpose. That way I can keep my HDMI video quality, and not sacrifice too much as far as sound in games. The downside? Having to default to my TVs standard speakers for movies. I am sorry to have to provide disappointing news. Perhaps there is a more clever way to do this, that I myself have not come across. I hope it helps even if it is a little disheartening.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.