Audio set up - not getting DD surround sound - please advise

Hello,

I just picked up an xbox one yesterday and I am having an issue with the set up.  My set up is unique because I need to use an HDMI splitter so I can have some other components hooked up.

It works like this.  HDMI FROM TV  --to-- >  HDMI XBONE --to--> Passthrough Splitter ---->  Toslink out to audio and HDMI to TV

If I go into troubleshooting and enable surround sound I only get the left and right channels but miss the center channels and rear channels.  Will my set up work?  What am I doing wrong?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The Xbox One can't do DD surround just yet. It may come later in a system update.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well the beta option is available, but I am not even getting DD SS with regular games.  Is it possible to use an HDMI splittler and still have DD audio with Xbone?

I purposely bought the splitter because it passes through DD SS.

Sorry this didn't help.

Similar issue and support is a joke, I have tried Chat, Phone and, Twitter.  On multiple occasions.

Comcast DVR over HMDI to Xbox 1, Xbox over HDMI to Yamaha RX-667 Receiver, Receiver over HDMI to TV and 7.1 speakers.  Xbox is set to 7.1 uncompressed with Optical shut off. Occasionally the Center Channel is not present when watching a Blu-Ray or a movie on Xbox Video but surround channels are fine. Games have not been a problem... yet.

Every time I have had to re-explain the problem and hardware setup to each group.  I believe now each group is run by a different support enclave and none of them communicate with the others.  It’s also clear the Xbox support does not review these forums in anyway.  

I have never had a problem with any other device cabled the same way including the Xbox 360

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there DeussMessor!

Sorry to hear about the sound issue. Since this thread is over a year old, I suggest posting a new thread wiith specific details of the issue. That way the community can provide support tailored specifically to you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.