Audio pops/clicks/stutters when downloading content?

My Xbox audio has usually been fine, but I get pops/clicks/stutters when downloading any content. It has made my Xbox unusable when downloading anything because it is so annoying. I am currently downloading Forza 6 and would like to play another game while I wait, but the audio problems are unbearable.

My audio setup is as follows:

I have an optical S/PDIF cable running out of my Xbox into a converter box with an optical S/PDIF input, and a coaxial S/PDIF output. The coaxial cable is running into an audio interface that is connected to my studio monitors.

On the software side, I have my audio interface running at a 48kHz sample rate and it is accepting the Xbox One as the master sync clock via the S/PDIF connection. I cannot find any information as to what sample rate I should set my interface to, but I am assuming it is 48kHz. If the sample rate is wrong, I would expect these audio distortions all of the time, but I only get them when downloading content.

My Xbox is connected to my TV via HDMI, and I have HDMI audio turned off in the Xbox system settings. Optical audio is set to stereo uncompressed.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

I have this issue too. I cleared the cache and also I have my xbox plugged into an power adapter, and plugged it into the main supply on the wall and it seems okay now.

I was worried it was my external HDD but it only seems like an issue since the I updated to the new dash.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.