Audio Issue

Recently, my xbox 360's audio has become distorted and crackling. I use the HDMI cables and they are all connected properly, I also tried reconnecting them. I am using the TV speakers and my TV is a Toshiba 40g300U1. I've tried switching the audio settings on my xbox as well as my tv but nothing seems to work. I would appreciate any help, thanks for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there cowsaysmoo9!  My apologies to hear about the audio issues.  If possible, could you try to use your HDMI cables on another TV and see if you have the same issue when doing so?  If that is not a possibility, then let us know!  Thanks! :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

With a problem like this it is hard to determine the cause. So what you have to do is a process of elimination to figure out exactly what the problem is. Some ideas I can give you is plug the HDMI into a different slot on your TV to make sure the TV'S HDMI slot hasn't become faulty. Try a different HDMI cable to make sure the cable hasn't become faulty. And lastly try to hook up the XBOX with audio/video cables to see if that stops it. If so that would probably mean that the HDMI slot in the XBOX is starting to go in which case you may want to put in for a repair if possible. Please keep us updated.

Sorry this didn't help.

It continued to have the same problem until I accidentally hit the power switch on the wall. Somehow the audio issue was resolved and hopefully it doesn't reappear. I'll keep your advice in mind if it occurs again, thanks for your help!

Sorry this didn't help.

Your Welcome and I am very glad to hear that it is working and you are gaming but be careful because something is not right. I wish you the best and be gentle with it.

Sorry this didn't help.