Audio crackle related to Xbox malfunction, is it possible?

Every now and then I can hear an occasional audio crackle coming from my speakers. As my Xbox has undergone a few power outages, I'm concerned that they have somehow ruined the console or caused a slight malfunction. So, my question is: can a power outage cause such a malfunction as to generate an audible crackling sound while playing a game and what can I do to fix it? Thanks for any kind of info!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I would be interested to know what sort of Xbox model you have? The S or the white one, I recall with my old white xbox that prior to every 3 red ring incidents i had (on the order of 7 times) that audio crackling was evident as well as the classic checkerboard screen symptom. It would make sense that power outages could have effected the console in negative ways, I suggest you check and recheck your audio & display connection and see if that remedies the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It's the white one, Jasper, as far as I know. The interesting thing is that there is no checkerboard screen and the crackle is (barely) audible only with some games, for instance Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire (playing regular DVDs shows no audible crackling at all). It could be that the games themselves are faulty and that nothing's wrong with the console, which I hope to God is the case since Xboxes are way to expensive here in Croatia.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.