Audio and Video issues on XBox One...

Having audio/video issues on my XBox One. Hoping I can get some guidance on how to fix it or if my only option is to return it.

Current Setup:
I have the Roku player connected to HDMI input. The HDMI out goes to my Yamaha AVR which is connected to my Panasonic TV. I've verified that my connections are solid and not loose.

Issue #1:
The audio will cut in and out - this has happened about 5-10 times so far. The connection indicator on my AVR will go on and off in a time span of 1-2 seconds and continue nonstop. The audio drops during that time. If I switch my AVR to a different input, the audio stays constant and does not have any issues. My AVR did not have any issues before. The only way to fix this is to restart the XBox which leads me to believe its the device.

Issue #2:
This has happened only once yesterday. The audio and video started blinking with a 1-2 second delay and continued non-stop irrespective of what I was doing (on home screen, watching tv via xbox, playing a game). Restarting the XBox fixed it.

The cables are all connected fine. My AVR seems fine and doesn't exhibit this issue with any other inputs and so it seems its the XBox. I'm inclined to return the unit back to Amazon as a defective unit but want to check in here first.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I have problems with Audio cutting in and out and my audio falls out of sync after around an hour. When I restart the console it fixes it. I am going straight from the console to my tv via a hdmi cable

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.