ATTN: Policy Enforcement Team please help.

I need help in either getting my original GamerTag back or if at all possible the ability to choose a new name.  I've had the my original gamertag since the original incarnation of XBOX Live!   The gritty details are below in a chat window from Live! Support.  They suggested contacting someone in Policy Enforcement to see if you could help.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

Christopher

Blurb from below:
"Chris: In regard to the account name, the policy enforcement team may be able to review this as it is your second  name"

You are now chatting with 'Chris'.

Chris: Hello, thank you for contacting Xbox Customer Support. My name is Chris. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Christopher R: Thank you.

Chris: Did you receive a notification regarding this, maybe from the policy enforcement team?

Christopher R: I was playing Modern Warfare 3, when I got a message my Gamertag was signed on in two locations.

Christopher R: Then it stated I has to change my name

Chris: which gamertag?

Chris: I see this is a family pack

Christopher R: My last name. Gooche

Christopher R: Yes this is a family pack.

Chris: Can you sign into that profile

Chris: Please Sign In with the Windows Live ID that is associated with that gamertag. To sign in, go here .

Christopher R: I can, but it shows up as the new name I was forced to create

Christopher R: I'm currently signed in as "T MINI"

Chris: I understand, but i can only see details on the "T MINI" account

Chris: For me to view the other account I need that detail

Christopher R: The gamertag was Gooche. When I got the message it stated I had to change the name. The new name is Typhoon MINI

Chris: Ok I just noticed thats you surname

Chris: My apologies

Christopher R: Yes. It is.

Chris: You cannot under the terms of use have your name in your gamertag

Christopher R: Since when? I've had that name since the release of the original xbox. That's what 10 years

Christopher R: It is very disheartening to have to change your online persona after 10 years of being the same thing.

Chris: 29/1/2004 according to this

Chris: So indeed best part of a decade

Chris: Did you get any email about this?

Christopher R: No I did not.

Christopher R: So the TOS says that I can't have my actual surname as a gamertag, but it doesn't get changed for 8 years?

Christopher R: 8 Active years

Christopher R: So the better part of a decade

Chris: I am just getting the exact details now

Chris: Because it did include your surname, this would have been recognised and this would appear to have resulted in the gamertag change

Christopher R: So the system take 8 years to finally recognize a breach of TOS?

Christopher R: Its not like this is a new name.

Chris: The likelihood is that the gamertag may have been reported as slang, so may have also caused this

Christopher R: And what slang might that be?

Christopher R: This is unacceptable. You mean to tell me that some other xbox live member reported my name as slang?

Chris: It would be inappropriate via chat, but you can do a bing search and that should give a result

Chris: The policy enforcement team can be contacted via the forums as they were the enforcers of this decision, but it is probable that this will not be reversed

Christopher R: who uses Bing? What is that?

Chris: You can also use google if you dont have bing

Christopher R: So this policy enforcement team is in the forum. Do you have a link to it?

Chris: I am just getting that now

Christopher R: Since you don't believe they will change it can you change my tag to something new?

Chris: Can you go here, sign in and the post on the forum

Christopher R: I find it funny by the way that I can have my surname as a license plate, but I can't continue to have it after 10 years on xbox live

Chris: In regard to the account name, the policy enforcement team may be able to review this as it is your second  name

Christopher R: So I have to talk to them to change my name to something different?

Chris: Thats correct

Christopher R: Well thank you for your help. I know that you will have this as a funny story to tell all your fellow support staff.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Every now and than people posting in forum 14 can get an FNC over ruled, but look at your name.  Your name is slang for a body part and is not allowed on XBL.  But feel free to post in forum 14 for them to tell you the same thing.  Read the TOS, espesially the part about sexual content or anything related to anything like that.  It doesen't matter that it is your surname, it is also slang for a bit of skin between two organs that isn't allowed as your GT.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I would totally understand that if it was blocked by the system.  10 years later is unacceptable.  

Or the fact that right now I can create a copy of said name.  

Sorry this didn't help.

They can not block every single variation of something that violates the coc.  And for the ten years, it only takes one valid complaint to get enforcement action taken against an account.  It just seems no one reported you until now.

Sorry this didn't help.