ATTENTION MICROSOFT: Please Read!

I have been an Xbox gamer since the original console and have had Xbox Live since the service was introduced. Over the years I've spent a lot of money on Xbox games and products. Of course I got the Day One edition of Xbox One. Now I know early adopters of new systems basically roll the dice in terms of headaches, but never in a million years did I think that I would encounter this many bugs with the Xbox One. While everyone's busy complaining about resolutions and frame-rates no one seems to be addressing the greatest issue... the bugs in the system's operating system.

Since buying the One I've had to do hard resets nearly once a week to knock out some kinks that I was experiencing. Sometimes more than that. Last night took the cake though.

First I put in Plants vs. Zombies. Upon trying to start the game I kept getting thrown back to the main menu. Finally after the 7th time it went through. I attributed this to EA servers maybe since the game is pretty much online only. However, once done, I tried putting in Thief and then that wouldn't start either. Yep, time for a hard reset. Of course that fixed everything so I know I don't have a faulty system or it just wouldn't work period.

So I'm playing Thief when one of my friends joined me. Now of course I have to go through the mythical game of how do I get my headset to work? Since Day ONE the headset has had issues and I've tried multiple headsets and multiple controllers. Sometimes out of nowhere the headset will just stop working and then the Kinect mic will take over. What's even more disturbing is that my Kinect sensor is turned OFF for chat. Now how do you get it to start functioning normally again? Shut it off? Shut off the controller? Leave the party? Turn off part chat and then turn it on again? I have no idea and it seems to fix itself almost as randomly as it stops working. So then I get the headset adapter. I can upgrade my controller! Surely this will fix it! Nope. Now, on top of the aforementioned problem my the headset will randomly make my controller stop working despite being on with PLENTY of battery life to spare. Well guess what happened once I finally got my headset to work during Their! Yep! Hard reset time number two.

My friend is on the fence about buying Titanfall so I told him I could stream it so he can check it out. I launch Twitch. Upon hitting Start Broadcast (yes I checked the option under settings to let me do so) the app made both my game and system lock up. Hard reset number three this time while unhooking the power cord. Of course that worked so I tried it again. Booted up Titanfall, said "Xbox Broadcast" and tried again. Now my system didn't lock up but the stream would not start and for whatever reason I couldn't get back to the main dashboard to even close the Twitch App.

Everything seems to have gotten worse by the update. I'm really getting disheartened. All I wanna do is play games and talk with my friends like I did for years on the 360. Why is trying to do just that so stressful on the Xbox One?

Some advice would be great, or if you could PLEASE forward all of these complaints to the right department that would be even better.

Thanks for you time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I find a lot of the reset issues are from the odd way they set up quitting games and apps. It seems everything you quit doesn't actually quit unless you highlight it in the main home window and use the menu to quit it. Open apps seem to run up the memory and cause errors. Then updates like for twitch dont seem to clean up after themselves and require manual cleaning.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree, the quitting thing is a bit odd, however, I quit each app after I'm done. I leave nothing running at all. I'm kind of anal about it especially given all the bugs. I'm not using Twitch again until they update it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.