Attempt to transfer data with usb stick failed

Hello,

I have 2 xbox360. One is a more recent model - bundled with gears of war2 -, the other one is one of the 1st models. The old one is in my bed room. The more recent one is in my lviving room. I play mostly in my livingroom. I wanted to transfer my game data onto a usb stick so I can finish my games like mass effect 2 on either xbox. 

I have inserted the usb stick formatted fat32 (16 gb, forgot the brand. It's black with a white fish bone.). I selected the hd, picked the tranfer option, to USD storage. Selected most of the files on my xbox and started the transfer. The Xbox informed I could use my usb stick to do that. There was 116 files to be transferred. All did, the transfer completed. Went back to the memory menu. I went to the usb storage option, I think it was with the Y button. I picked the option to release the usb stick. At some point, I unplugged it. I think I was still connected to XBOX live with the account that was on the usb stick. The xbox asked me to plug it back which I did but nothing worked. I restarted the system. The HD is empty, all the stuff were tranferred.

When I put the USB stick back in, the only option I have is to "prepare" it which I dont want to do. I tried on the other xbox, same thing. I plugged the stick to my laptop and I can see 4 files for a total of 4.41 gb which represent what was transferred.

The question: How can I save my data? I would like to know If I can put the data I have on that stick back on the disk of either xbox?

THanks for your help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sorry, but once you used the recovery program it switched all files to something readable by the pc.  The files will now be corrupt as far as the xbox is concerned.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It has been formatted by another device. The thing is I can see the files on the stick when I plug it on my laptop. And the transefer finished succesfully according to the xbox.  About the option to release the USB drive, I forgot how it was called. I only have one USB stick I can use and I dont want to format it from the xbox to be able to see how it is called. What I am thinking of doing is buying another stick, get it prepared by the xbox and then move the file that were created by the tranfer onto this new drive. Would that work?

Sorry this didn't help.

You say the stick was formatted to fat32.  Was that formatted by the xbox or the computer?  Also, you say that you selected an option to release the USB stick.  I have never seen such an option.  Perhaps you accidentally erased the files on the USB stick or it was not initially formatted properly.  In both instances you will have permanently lost all saved files you put on there.  Any DLC content you can still re-download.

Sorry this didn't help.