Attack Against Home Network

I'll keep all identifying information out of the post since it should all be documented in the complaint. I was in a Xbox Live party with multiple people, the party leader being the user I am filing the complaint against. The party leader, using third party programs, obtained my IP address and information pertaining to it, then proceeded to launch a DoS attack against my home network, shutting my internet off briefly. I filed a complaint through the Xbox 360 system complaints, as well as through online support, and per support staff, am posting a related topic here. I also wish to obtain the ISP information of the user I'm filing my complaint against, so I can file a personal complaint with them. Thank you so much for your support.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Sorry but no one is going to give you this persons isp address.

The only way to report someone is via your console so contacting chat & phone support to report someone will not do anything.

You need to contact your broadband/cable provider & ask them to change your isp address.

Some info can be found here http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/networking/dos-attacks-faq

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just wanted to add to Daft's comment that DDoS attacks are illegal and could result in jail time for the offender.  When you report the attack to your ISP and ask for a new IP address they will issue you one and then investigate the complaint.  If necessary they will pursue the individual and file charges.

Sorry this didn't help.