Asus RT-AC68U Settings to get Xbox 360 Live and Xbox One to work simultaneously - No NAT or other issues

This assumes that you have a network connection but cannot get the Xbox Live to work on the Xbox 360.

1. Reserve a static IP address in the DHCP range for the router (verified by MAC Address).

2. WAN: Internet Connections: Basic Config: Enable PNP: NO (Apply change)

3. WAN: Virtual Server/Port Fowarding: Enable Port Forwarding: Click on YES (Apply change) - Note that there is no need to make any other changes in this section for purposes of using Xbox Live.

4. LAN: Switch Control: NAT Acceleration: Select DISABLE (Apply change)

5. Click the "Reboot" button at the top of the menu page to reboot the router.

6. After the router has rebooted, go to WAN: Internet Connections: Basic Config: Enable PNP:
YES (Apply change)

7. Click the "Reboot" button at the top of the menu page to reboot the router.

8. Turn on Xbox 360 go to "Network Settings" and apply factory default settings. The Xbox 360 will then select your Reserved IP address and Gateway information automatically.

9. Test and verify that Xbox Live connects properly.

10. To check that the correct ports are working on your Asus Router from the menu - System Log: Port Forwarding: Click Refresh You should see the IP address you are using for your Xbox 360 using port 3074.

I have Comcast IPv6 in our area and have that enabled. I believe the Xbox One uses IPv6 which might be why I can use both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One simultaneously. Those with IPv4 only may not necessarily have similar luck.

As a side note, I use Merlin Firmware 3.0.0.4.374.40 Alpha 4 firmware which is based on Asus' own firmware though it has a lot of improvements.  Search for Merlin ASUS Firmware to find it.  I believe Merlin actually helps ASUS identify issues and helps them with fixes on their routers.

Question Info

Last updated September 4, 2018 Views 1,897 Applies to:

Thank you so much for this very helpful, high quality post!

It has really helped me to properly configure my new router for Xbox Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you so much! This has plagued my household for *looks at watch* 7 months! I can't wait to actually be able to play my 360 again.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is not the right answer as the router supports UPNP and these adjustments should not be necessary.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Spoo here!

Since this is an older thread, please post a new thread detailing the issue you're experiencing of none of these suggestions have helped solve the issue. That way the community here can provide support tailored to you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.