ASUS ROUTER N66U WIRELESS XBOX CONNECTIVITY IS EXTREMELY SENSITIVE

SINCE I HAVE BOUGHT THIS ROUTER MY ONLINE GAMING IS SO SENSITIVE I CAN PLAY ANYTHING. BLACK OPS 2 IS IMPOSSIBLE TO AIM OR HIT ANYTHING. I HAVE CHANGED THE OPTIONS FOR LOOK SENSITIVITY BUT IT WILL JUST MOVE SLOWER TO THE JERKINESS.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 130 Applies to:

Hey geminibourne,

I can feel your pain, as I remember a time when i use to sit through some games with that jerkiness issue! Let's see if we can come up with some solutions to this issue.

While your router is both fast and powerful,  xbox users will always find a stable connection by using a direct wired connection from the router to the console. Connecting from a  modem tells your ISP (internet service provider) to field information to different devices. Or to put it in a simple way, say you call a hotel, and they need to transfer your call to a room, well that operator who answers would be your modem, and the router would be the phone company they use. Can you test the connection speed by connecting directly by way of ethernet cord?

You could also try to forward some ports, which you can find information on here: support.xbox.com/.../network-ports-used-xbox-live

And on a final note, we have some Networking Tips setup here for your convince as well: forums.xbox.com/.../2103917.aspx

Please do come back and let us know if we can offer some further assistance. Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings geminibourne!

Do you experince latency? I know from previous issues with ASUS RT-N66U that firmware version 3.0.0.4.260 is known to cause issues when connecting the Xbox to the ASUS RT-N66U wireless network. If your router is installed with the latest version of firmware, (3.0.0.4.260) I would recommend that you downgrade to firmware version 3.0.0.4.246 which is known to work properly.

Post back and let us know how it goes. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.