Asura's Wrath - EPIC

One of the coolest things about video games is when they bring your cartoons to life.

This is your cartoons on crack in EPIC proportions.

When I first heard about this I thought it sounded kind of dumb.

In fact I would never even have given the demo a go if it hadn't been for the Joystiq review which can be sumarised as saying "Technically as a professional reviewer there's enough for me to cynically give this a mediocre score... but the game is so mindblowingly fun to play I'm giving it a 90 for the sheer enjoyment it brought me".

So I tried the demo and sampled some of the craziness that is "Asura's Wrath" and now I'm really looking forwards to getting this.

Recommend you keep an eye on it.

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was all for buying this day 1 as this looks nuts and CC2 are one of my favourite developers, but the EU release got pushed back 2 weeks to March 9th (Same day as Mass Effect 3).

Whoever thought that was a good idea is an idiot. They have sent this game to die a quick death.

Angry Joe liked it too. Was thinking about picking it up after enjoying the demo but decided not to for least few weeks (finish off other stuff)

anyway Angry Joe review for anyone looking at the game

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CFLEHyx0Mg]

I do love me some Angry Joe like.

I was excited for this game until I played the demo, too much QTE for me.

I really, really hated the demo. I usually have a high tolerance for extremely stupid games (I loved Bayonetta). But Asura's Wrath just seemed intolerably dumb. The gameplay was too disjointed, there's no smooth transition between cutscene gameplay and the non-cutscene stuff. It didn't manage to capture that epic scale that the trailers seemed to promise. The extremely obvious phallic references in the second boss stage in the demo weren't the least bit funny or clever either.

-

It looks like the kind of game that's destined for bargain bin fodder at some stage. Like God Hand.

[quote user="zfair899"]

The extremely obvious phallic references in the second boss stage in the demo weren't the least bit funny or clever either.

[/quote]

Short man complex.

Lets not make this about my little willy, please :(

Demo was crap, not buying.

Giant Bomb gave the game 4/5 stars.

It's a very 'Marmite' (i miss him <3) game it seems. People eithe dig it or hate it.