Astro's A40's and New Adapter (Read if your having issues)

So I have the Astro's A4's and I brought the new adapter more than happy to get home and plug everything in. I took out my two mix amps, start following all the directions and how to connect everything together, my Astro's sounded like crap and it just wasn't making sense

THIS IS WHERE I WANT EVERYONE TO STOP

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO, is plug your Astros directly into the New stereo adapter....THAT'S IT.....The new adapter is basically xbox version of a mix amp. It does the exact some thing the Astros mixamp does, lets you mute, volume up/down, game volume vs chat volume.  NO need to connect ANY of the two A40's mixamp, no need for optical cable, no need for nothing. Just connect the Astro headset into the adapter and your good to go.  My sound is crystal clear. I couldn't believe it,  Another friend has Astros and he tried the same thing with the same result. We're both happy. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 21 Applies to:

Yeah, but that only gives you stereo game audio. I paid the money I did for my Astro's in order to get 5.1/7.1 surround sound audio, not downgraded stereo audio.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, crystal clear stereo. Awesome.

If you want Dolby Digital sound, ignore this workaround.

What you really need to do, is wait for the firmware that Astro are going to release this week :)

Sorry this didn't help.

This might fix one issue for some but this did not fix my voice chat from being crackly/distorted according to my friends. Plus I can't bring my self to do Stereo over DD, it sounds way to good!I'm glad someone is having success with the adapter! Game on! :D

Sorry this didn't help.