Associate LIVE account with a different gamer profile

I recently tried to turn my gamer profile into a LIVE account, only to find that my email address was already associated with a gamer profile that is not in use. To clarify: it is associated with a gamer profile on a friend's xbox. I don't know if it still exists. I don't want the saved games, the achievements, the stats, or anything to do with the old profile. My saved games are on a new profile, which I would like to associate with my email address on LIVE. I don't want to create a new email address just for this. Is this possible?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To be more clear: the gamer profile I want to get rid of is kaput. It is mine, and no one uses it. As far as I know, the xbox it exists on is destroyed, but Microsoft insists that it is still hooked to my email address. Is there some way I can tell them otherwise, thus freeing my ACTUAL email address, which I use, to be associated with my ACTUAL gamer profile, which is the ONLY ONE I use?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well what you can do is recover Kaput to your new xbox.  When you get kaput to your new xbox you should be able to free your email from kaput.   Once the email is free you can link it to a different gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.