Assistance or advice for a GT transfer issue.

Before i start, my English is still work in progress so let me apologize in advance.

Hello,

My problem started when my old Live ID got blocked.

I already tried to recover/unblock my WLID through WL Support. I provided last password used, past CC info and current Paypal info, billing address and phone number tied to my Xbox Live/Gamertag, but for some reason they were unable to help in my request. Their final resolution was for me to create a new Live ID, so i did that.

I then tried to link my Gamertag to my new WLID since i still can log into my Xbox live account through my Xbox 360 console, however i can't finish the process of transferring my Gamertag because it tells me that i'm entering the wrong password when it asks me to login to the blocked WLID account.

I know that i will most likely have to call for support to prove my ownership, but i wanted to know my full options since i'm from Puerto Rico and the only support we have by phone for our region is in English.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Are you trying to create a new GT? If so, why are you entering your old, blocked WLID and password?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, sorry if there's a misunderstanding.

What i wish to do is to transfer my old Gamertag ( 4+ year old account) to a new WLID account that i created. I can still log into Xbox live from the Xbox console, however the system asks me to log in my old WLID password before i can make the WLID change, but i can't since the account is locked.

The reason my old WLID got blocked was because apparently someone tried to log in too many times using a wrong password.

Sorry this didn't help.

Give this a try and see if it helps bud.

Switch your gamertag to a different Windows Live ID

You can change the Windows LIVE ID associated with your gamertag.

1. Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
  2. Go to My Xbox, and select your avatar.
  3. Go to Account Management, and then select Manage Account.
  4. Go to Your Information and then select Windows Live ID.
  5. Select Change Windows Live ID.
  6. Do one of the following:
    • If you have another Windows Live ID, select Yes.
    • If you do not have another Windows Live ID, go to Welcome to Windows Live ID, and click Sign up. Once you have another Windows Live ID, select Yes and continue with the next step.
    Note Your Microsoft Points balance will automatically be transferred to the new Windows Live ID.
  7. Enter the password for the Windows Live ID that is currently associated with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
  8. Enter the email address and the password for the new Windows Live ID that you want to associate with your gamertag, and then select Sign in.
  9. Select Yes, change to change the Windows Live ID associated with your Xbox LIVE account.
  10. Select Update Contact Information to update your contact information, or select Done to finish.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep, this is what i did and i got stuck at the 7th step. I'm assuming it's giving me the password error because my original WLID is blocked.

I have Dead Rising 2 for PC tied to that Gamertag and when i try to log into GFWL i also get the error, but at least i can actually log in and play from the Xbox console.

Oh well, hope my spoken English is better than my written English, because i will have to call.

Sorry this didn't help.

if your wlid is hotmail or live and its blocked then yes. you're password is not going to work on the xbox. if your account is anything else then you may have forgotten the password and you should click on forgot my password on live.com or xbox.com and follow the promps for getting it reset, if you have access to the email. if not then try going to windowslivehelp.com/passwordreset.aspx fill out the form and get the password reset through that. after you get the password reset you should be able to then swap out the wlid on your GT

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah, it's a Hotmail WLID.

I also went through the Live Help Support and i provided personal data tied to my XBL account like my current Paypal account ID information, past credit card number used, last known working password, billing address, telephone number and even a list of my download history and named people on my Spam folder, but for some reason they didn't re-opened my account and told me i had to make a new WLID

That's why i wanted to change the WLID for my old Gamertag. It's a 4+ year old Gamertag and there is a lot of paid content tied to it.

Sorry this didn't help.

hotmail accounts are normally handled through the forums windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx

i did a search to find the hotmail support forums. if they can't help you with getting the hotmail account unlocked then you may have to do what they said at first and make a new GT since the old one won't be able to be used

Sorry this didn't help.