Assassin's Creed xmas present help

ok i know this is prob gonna be a stupid question but i could do with a little help with this game.

my wife wants to buy me skyrim but i cant wait till xmas so im buying it at weekend so i thought i always wanted to play assassins creed and thought as i nice present why not have the whole series from start right up to the new one thats coming shortly.

i take it,its best to play from the beginning to get the story from start to finish and it be a nice complete boxset,bit of a marathon i know but its something i can play when things are quite.

so is there a complete collection box set  as i cant find one or is it the case of buying them seperate,if so what is the list order and do i need the add on's.if someone can help me out so i can give it her to go and get them,i prob buy them from game as thats the eastiest place for her to go but i tend to use shopto for my games tho.

cheers

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can get all the Assassins Creed Games now for well under £30 for all 3. If you want to play through the whole story then I fully reccomend starting from the first one and following the games before playing AC Revelations. The Game will no doubt bring you up to speed as to whats happened before in Revelations but the games are worth playing through.

You should be able to pick them up pre-owned for no more then a £10 each, if that...might even be part of a "buy these for whatever amount" kind of deal, its a solid collection to play through and a perfect Xmas present considering the price of getting them all.

cheers for that reply,it does look like a game i can get into very much and it be a nice present so this is the complete set then.

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed 2

Assassins Creed Brotherhood

Assassins Creed Revelations (Not yet released)

Thats the list...I picked up the first three during the summer for less then a tenner each so, even with the new game out next Tuesday their prices wont sky rocket. You wont regret playing through the complete set

If you don't care about classics edition cases the GOTY version of Assassins Creed 2 is only £7.85 on Shopto and includes most, if not all the DLC the game had. Brotherhood is also dirt cheap now, £9.99 on Amazon new.

If the previous games are anything to go by Revelations will fall in price fairly quickly as well, if they are all for Christmas wait for a bit and it might be a bit cheaper to buy Revelations around Christmas time as opposed to release date.

cheers to cokney and inapplicable for the good replys.

@ ooh im good :- why not thats what i want for xmas as thats my main hobby and my wife knows i prefer games to a pair of socks lol.

Really good choice of game Rick, the first three were good with each subsequent game improving on the previous.  No doubt the fourth will follow in the same manner.

thought i update this old thread of mine to say my wife got all 3 of them for 26.99 and she is ordering the new one in december ready for crimbo :)

You should definitely play them in order. Only thing is once you get around to playing Revelations you probably won't want to play another Assassin's Creed again. It's a series that really doesn't innovate that much from title to title.

AC is about the story, about the SP more then anything, that that is what improves and grows the most with each title, and the gameplay has evolved with each game as well

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

AC is about the story, about the SP more then anything, that that is what improves and grows the most with each title, and the gameplay has evolved with each game as well

[/quote]

The gameplay most definitely has evolved. Brotherhood was pretty much perfect in that regard. But the story becomes more and more underwhelming with each iteration. AC1 had a lot of intrigue and mystery but it descended into generic sci-fi fluff with AC2. Brotherhood (from what I've played at least) has the worst story of the lot. You'd think that the Borgia plot would be more interesting at least considering the history they're working with. They managed to make a semi-compelling TV series out of it after all.

-

I think it's a series that would have been a lot better if they went for the traditional trilogy format. At the moment, AC is like LOST. What was once an intriguing concept has descended into annoying cliffhangers and drip-feeding of plot