As things get warmer be cognizant of the conditions around your XBox

As the days, and nights get hotter for the summer make sure your Xbox is in a well ventilated area, especially if you're like me and your house or apartment tends to get and stay warm. 

If you live in a dusty area make sure the vents on the xbox are open and air can pass through freely.

If you notice the fan kicking it up a notch to try and keep the console cooler, again, make sure the vents are clear.

Being aware of the little things we normally don't think about can save you a headache in the future.

Discussion Info

Last updated November 19, 2019 Views 82 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I was wondering about this myself actually. Last summer was very hot and didn't want to cause it any harm. Does anyone know if Microsoft would clean it as a service thing? Or will I need to seek help elsewhere?
There are a lot of people that are unaware of how important ventilation is to a PC or console. This is good advice.
Christyna
Great reminder, thanks for looking out and helping!
Helpful post!
All good advice. My wife has a bad habit of closing the doors on my entertainment center and causing my xbox to overheat. Definitely need to pay attention to temperatures. 
Thanks for the heads up!
Agreed it should always be kept in good care. Dust free and well ventilated. This is still a great reminder. I'm going to go clean my area now . 
Thanks for the reminder! it is easy to get use to sitting down and turning the console on and forgetting to double check the ventilation situation!
I hope this information is useful in fixing your issue! If so please upvote mark as helpful!
Game On!
I keep my xbox in an open area as well as keeping my externals off of the vents for maximum coolness.

Great reminder!  I have a few xbox consoles in my house and some just don’t get the attention they deserve, mainly my boys consoles. Anyway better check on theirs while its on my mind.