Are Xbox One games too expensive?

I understand it's the same for the other nextgen console aswell, but £54.99 for need for speed and some other games I find just crazy. Is it just me or are these games (hardcopy and downloaded) too bloody expensive?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

For people outside the US I totally agree. For people in the US, its the same as its always been for us.

There the same as 360s price.Well at least were I buy them from.So no I don't feel there much more money.Now digital copies of games. yes I feel there very pricey.I cant see why?they cut the middle out with making the game case ,disk,shipping etc.so why so much? I would think it would go down at least 20 too 25 bucks.Thats why I will never buy a digital copy of a game.And the day it goes full digital iam done playing video games.I guess that's when I move to Steam. I know its digital but its cheaper.

Where do YOU get xbone games at 360 prices?

And I totaly agree,  digital games should be much cheaper than disc based games.

OP, I am guessing you shop at Game.

Supermarkets and Amazon should give you a £10 saving on most games.

Tends to happen in the UK/EU when a new console is first released prices tend to be higher than normal then level out below the £40 mark. Asda i've seen are already selling all games at £45 which its £10 cheaper than most. Just be careful about where you shop for games for now.

Also remember games are region free so for the right price you can import.

I don't mind paying full price for a game as long as I get the full game.

"Forza" is missing a lot of tracks because they couldn't be ready for launch.

This is a franchise that is known for having a robust track list.

If they charge me £429.00 for the console, £50.00 for the game and then want to charge me extra for content they couldn't put on disc in time for launch that's when we're crossing the line from value for money to starting to rip people off.

I don't disagree with DLC to add life to a title.  I do disagree with selling people an incomplete game at full price and then asking them to pay more to complete it.

I'm in the US, so no, I don't think they are too expensive. They are the same as last gen. But, for those across the pond, yes. You guys are paying way too much for games and I think if MS really wants to target the UK and EU markets, they really need to take a look at this. It's absurd you guys have to spend so much more over there.

@Peterninja, over here in the U.S. they are the same as the 360 game prices - 59.99 regularly (of course there are some places a few cents cheaper), if your outside the U.S, then that's a different story...

[quote user="SlimyTurt1e"]

I'm in the US, so no, I don't think they are too expensive. They are the same as last gen. But, for those across the pond, yes. You guys are paying way too much for games and I think if MS really wants to target the UK and EU markets, they really need to take a look at this. It's absurd you guys have to spend so much more over there.

[/quote]

I'm not so sure.

Here's Amazon in the USA:  http://www.amazon.com/Forza-Motorsports-5-Xbox-One/dp/B00FM5IY4W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1386606719&sr=8-5&keywords=forza+5

Here's Amazong in the UK:  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Forza-Motorsport-5-Xbox-One/dp/B00BM2LQB2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386606769&sr=8-1&keywords=forza+5

USA Amazon has "Forza 5" for $ 59.96.

UK Amazon has "Forza 5" for £44.99 which according to today's exchange rate with the Bank Of America is $69.50.

So it looks like the UK is paying an extra $10.00 but what about taxes?  The UK price includes VAT (value added tax) in the asking price.

Does the American price of $59.96 include Federal and State Sales Tax or are these added to the purchase?

I can't for the life of me understand why digital games are not $55 and retail $60. Cut the cost of manufacturing and shipping we should see the price cut, its ridiculous.