Are we going to be able to play 360 games through the cloud?

I have a Day 1 all paid for and had the idea of putting the 360 in my kids' room so that they can play Minecraft in there since they have a lot of friends on there.  I REALLY want to buy Arkham Origins but am not finding it listed for the XB1.

If I want that game am I going to have to keep the 360 in the living room where I normally play or will I be able to play it on the cloud on the XB1?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No 360 game is playable on X1 regardless if it's digital or disc based.

Well dang.  I guess my boys don't get that 360 in their room lol.  Thank you for your time.

Give it time, maybe over the next 2yrs it will be capable of doing so. You know how big buisness runs.

Google....polygon halo 4 windows phone...(sorry can't do links at the moment)

Microsoft have been using azure to stream the game to pc and windows phone, it was shown in a meeting today.

@OP...Penello did say that eventually could happen. He actually said it something "like what Sony is doing with Gaikai". I think it will in time.

@OP, like mgzin66 says I'm pretty certan at some point yes, you will be able to play Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One via the cloud. Not just to compete with Gaikai from Sony, but because this is where gaming is heading. It makes sense to a certain degree to turn Xbox and PlayStation into services people can access from wherever and whatever. Microsoft won't be missing that boat before it sails, trust me... they just haven't announced details yet.

yeah in due time every game will be playable on the cloud. its extremely likely that the next generation of consoles will include one that does no local game processing or rendering at all.

-

my guess is you will see it incorporated into win rt or win phone before or simultaneously with anything else.

MS did an internal demo today of a future game streaming service that would allow a game to be streamed to at least any Windows NT 6.2 device (XB1, WP8, W8)

So if I wanted to play black ops 2 just for the zombies, I would have to keep my 360?