Are there any REAL sources of gaming info across the web Re: Minecraft Xbox One

I only ask as when you really want genuine info on a fourth coming game most sites have the usual rumours. For example there are lots of gamers across various forums wanting REAL information as to when the Xbox One version of Minecraft will be released. Yes we know it says March everywhere but there are a great many sites suggesting this is a fantasy and that May/June is far more likely. Given the scant amount of hype at the moment I'm inclined to think that it isn't going to be March. Surely a definitive answer isn't difficult for the likes of Major Nelson/Microsoft or the IGN team to obtain by asking the games producer.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nothing 100% as usual but ..

I read on Twitter yesterday that news will be coming "soon". A few were saying they will probably wait until after Titanfall launches which wouldn't surprise me.

What is interesting, someone put a post on the XB1 General Discussion saying it's appeared on Simplygames priced at £49.99 :-/

I've seen quite a few sites put stupid prices like that on releases they are unsure of. I think it's just a placeholder price until they know for certain.

Lol, that'd better be a placeholder price... £49.99 for Minecraft is "extracting the urine"

I dont think mojang will even allow that price. They have always sted any version of minecraft should be £14.99 or less

Will they have a choice to price it above £14.99?

Does anyone know what the licensing fee to publish for the Xbox One is?

Why does a release date have to be such a ruddy secret, its Minecraft not a national secret.

Nothing worse than announcing a release date early then rushing to have the product finished. Finish the product 1st then announce the date I say

I love Minecraft but if this releases and there's not much difference between the 360 version and this version then I wont be inclined to spend over £20.

I was hoping for infinite map sizes and cloud server saves so friends can all use the same world.

Infinite map sizes.... I'd love that too, but I'm not sure if the XB1 can handle it. If they use "cloud" computing,  then they can achieve it.... we'll have to wait and see.  As for the release date, I suspect it to be around the end of March and 4J to announce some big news next week.