Are There Any Full Games For The XBox ONE?

Any games released yet that are simply the full game?

No forking out almost as much as you payed for your game... AGAIN... for additional content?

I fear we are being groomed to pay double what we used to pay for the full game.

I'm loving my XBox ONE but started noticing today that "Forza 5" is missing a TON of track content.

They aren't going to release this later and try and charge me are they?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I read what you post in the  GD Forza review thread and i agree with you when you say this :"Loving the game... but starting to question if they actually sold me the whole thing."

The only way to show Devs we customers/fan deserve more is talk with the wallet and not supporting this greedy practices.

About games that i think feels complete in X1  i can mention DR 3 and  AC 4 (played it on 360 but there is no much difference).

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]No forking out almost as much as you payed for your game... AGAIN... for additional content?[/quote]The era of games without DLC has passed. DLC both allows studios to continue paying people between games as well as create a secondary revenue stream (something games lack).[quote]I'm loving my XBox ONE but started noticing today that "Forza 5" is missing a TON of track content.[/quote]That's because there's a limited number of lasers in the world. Not really a fake scarcity.

No one says you have to buy DLC.

[quote user="IceStorm III"]That's because there's a limited number of lasers in the world. Not really a fake scarcity.

[/quote]

No.

It essentially boils down to:

-  The XBox ONE is not powerful enough to support a full "Forza" game with the complete "Forza 4" track list.

or

-  The developers withheld content so they could continue to milk fans for money.

The first scenario calls into question the integrity of Microsoft for releasing a "Next Gen" console that isn't really a next gen console.

The second scenario calls into question the integrity of the developer Turn 10 if they are withholding content simply to coerse players into paying more money.

That's no way to treat your fans.

How does the power of the console have ANYTHING to do with the number of tracks included on a disc? Not a friggin thing. It's all a matter of developers figuring out that people are stupid and will pay extra for additional content. I'm not saying all content is a stupid purchase. But for them to withhold half of a game just to squeeze a little more money out of our pockets is complete garbage. Very rarely do I ever buy DLC. When I do its because its actually offering several hours of additional gameplay. I don't buy into microtransactions, and especially free to play. If the game was in fact completely free to play, microtransactions wouldn't exist. I feel like DLC is ruining gaming because you see a "Season Pass" for almost every game that has come out in the last 1-2 years. So few of these titles actually make quality DLC, its just a quick cash in in most cases. Stop trolling about the console being underpowered, its an old and annoyingly unfounded topic.

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]No.[/quote]You're not aware of how the tracks in Forza 5 got there, are you?

You have 200 new cars and 14 tracks, running at bative 1080p @ 60fps, if forza 4 was running at that spec do you think there'd still be 400 cars? I doubt it. Turn10 have already stated that the reason why theres only 200 cars because they are new and didnt want to rehash old cars from forza 4. be greatful you got a new forza at all. enda day they could cancel the franchise then you'd know what moaning is. Oh and answer to your original question: All the launch games are full games.

I think overall people look back at the past with rose-tinted glasses. Most of the games released now have exponentially more content than games releasing in 2005. Now, those games that dwarf the former also have the option of DLC, which extends the life of the game and gives developers more cash to make better games in the future.

Are there games that abuse this? No doubt, but they're the minority.

i remember when DLC didn't cost a damn penny and developers gave it to the community for their appreciation of buying their game and a way to keep people playing their game..Those days are looooong Gone!

^

That's cos the world has changed since, that way of doing it doesn't pay the bills and would make most companies go under :P

Its like all these micro transactions,not a new thing for me,its been going on for years on none console platforms,MTs ate just a fancy name,games are no longer just the initial price,and the bigger these games get intinally the more extra content,we are gonna have to pay for,a game aint justv40 to 60 bucks/quid any more,theyvare reaching 100 to 150 plus with season passes,mt,s and added content,this is where monthly subscriptions come In like for games on the pc,im more than happy to start seeing monthly subscriptions on xb1 games,so the initial price is actually lowered and all futur content is payed for and you would then have a payed team of support for each specific game,its a much better system,and its as simple as you stop paying u dont play,the quality of games would be alot higher and reach peoples high expectations.

But withbthe masses that want gaming for a free ride,its gonna be long time befor any of this happens I think.