Are all the kinect haters aware that.....

1) The kinect sold more per month of its release then the xbox 360 did as a whole (per month sales from release) - and that kinect is far inferior to what we are getting now.

2) the K1 is priced at 150.00 on its release and right now still at 100. the K2 is included. the X1 is worth 500 by itself, its basically a free device you don't even need to use or plug in. Its like complaning about getting a free soda with your meal becuase you don't care much for coke.

3) as of now, arpox 1/3rd of xbox owners have a kinect. that means devs are not concerned with supporting somehting taht only 1/3rd the playerbase has. if 100% fo people have it, devs will deisgn games to work with it. think of the future, don't be short sighted

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

• The original Project Natal promises from the E3 2009 conference never came to fruition with the original Kinect.  Those first videos we saw of what Kinect was certainly sold me on the device as I was one of the people to purchase it at its initial release.  This inevitably led to the rare use of my Kinect which leads me to question to purchase in the first place.  The rare time it is used is when my friends and I decide to bowl.
  • For your second point, I would rather have a $100-$150 cheaper console than have to purchase a Kinect too
  • I have yet to see something that makes me think, 'Wow, those Kinect features are great!', when seeing what developers are doing with Kinect One.  That's not to say that developers won't use Kinect in new and exciting ways, it's just that I'm not going to hold my breath expecting them to do something new and exciting.
That being said, I just switched my pre-order from my PS4 to an Xbox One yesterday, so I'm hoping developers begin to use the Kinect in ways that make me want to actually use it this generation.

[quote user="XUnbornEchelonX"]

Came for an informative well thought out post.

Instead I get some asshat named Upinya laying the text equivalent of a turd.

4/10 at best.

Pretty much like saying "buy a wii u cause the wii sold so good."

[/quote]

Lol thats a real mature response. I'm simply making a point.

Xbox bundles with kinect sold more then xbox's w/o kinect since it release.

The kinect itself outsold the Xbox itself sinc it came out. For all intents and purposes the kinect was a success.

I'm not telling people to buy it, but people make it out to be a failure. and yes the wii was a huge success, bigger then the 360 and PS3 so i don't get your point.

I agree with not getting rid of the K2 as long as there is a choice for the people that don't want it to unplug it.

Way to stay classy Upinya. Unborn, if you don't have anything productive to say, no one cares about your response. This is a valid argument and is just there to help people understand Microsofts perspective. This is absolutely true and once the K2 is on the market and in every X1 owners house, we will see some good stuff come out for it I am sure. It still sucks that the eye is not coming with PS4 because cross platform games will still only have 1/2 of its player base with the sensor. But this device is going to be so awesome!

[quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]

Way to stay classy Upinya. Unborn, if you don't have anything productive to say, no one cares about your response. This is a valid argument and is just there to help people understand Microsofts perspective. This is absolutely true and once the K2 is on the market and in every X1 owners house, we will see some good stuff come out for it I am sure. It still sucks that the eye is not coming with PS4 because cross platform games will still only have 1/2 of its player base with the sensor. But this device is going to be so awesome!

[/quote]

yeah, its a shame when marketing ruins innovation. Sony really wanted that 100 dollar advantage (probably becuase they fell the 200 dollar advanatge the 360 had over of PS3 gave MS an edge?) Still with all the X1's having them, and 24 million 360's having them, i'm sure we'll see some good usage

[quote user="Upinya Slayin"]

1) The kinect sold more per month of its release then the xbox 360 did as a whole (per month sales from release) - and that kinect is far inferior to what we are getting now.

more Kinects to buy at launch than consoles , cheap console bundles including Kinect and a huge 360 install base already in place that believed in the K1 before they bought it. Many people including myself were very disappointed in it

2) the K1 is priced at 150.00 on its release and right now still at 100. the K2 is included. the X1 is worth 500 by itself, its basically a free device you don't even need to use or plug in. Its like complaning about getting a free soda with your meal becuase you don't care much for coke.

if it is in the bundle we are paying for it in some way

3) as of now, arpox 1/3rd of xbox owners have a kinect. that means devs are not concerned with supporting somehting taht only 1/3rd the playerbase has. if 100% fo people have it, devs will deisgn games to work with it. think of the future, don't be short sighted

keep dreaming, you think that crossplatform games will use it much? no way would a company spend time and money on something the PS4 users wont use and most XB1 users as well. get ready for more dance and exercise games and MS K2 exclusives

[/quote]

just because the K2 can see in the dark and can see you open and close your hands does not mean it is so much better than K1 and will be great for general gaming.

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

[quote user="Upinya Slayin"]

more Kinects to buy at launch than consoles , cheap console bundles including Kinect and a huge 360 install base already in place that believed in the K1 before they bought it. Many people including myself were very disappointed in it

I'm not talking about at launch. xbox sales of 77 million over X months it was out = X per month. the kinect has sold more per month since it release then the 360 itself. what that means is most people who brought a new xbox brought the bundle and also alot of people who had an xbox went and got a kinect for it as well. persoanlly i do not have a K1. My brother has one (he brought a bundle) and my GF has one (got a bundle for free when she swicthed to AT&T like 2 months ago) There really wasn't anything disappointing about it. its as usefull as the wii games and the move games w/o the controller. it was a new tech and has its issues. we all know that. but like all new tech ti gets impproved over time. i mean the 1st computer has what 8MD RAM and a .1 GHZ processor lol

if it is in the bundle we are paying for it in some way

Let me ask you this, if the x1 was 50 bucks w/o kinect and the kinect was a 50 dollar add on, would you complain about the xbox being 500 dollars?

keep dreaming, you think that crossplatform games will use it much? no way would a company spend time and money on something the PS4 users wont use and most XB1 users as well. get ready for more dance and exercise games and MS K2 exclusives

I could think of at least 20 cross platform games form the past 2 years that used K1, of course they will use it

[/quote]

just because the K2 can see in the dark and can see you open and close your hands does not mean it is so much better than K1 and will be great for general gaming.

[/quote]

its more then seeing in the dark. it tracks movement better and more accurately, less latency, tracks more people, works in any lighting, better voice and noise canceling, acurate enough to read your heartrate and know your mood by experiassion etc.

I sit on a chair in front of my small 19 inch analog TV set. A Kinect isn't something I need I cannot jump up and down like a fool due to my age and bad heart. I enjoy playing game been playing since the very first video game both in a bar and in my home. With that said, Xbox 1 serves me not for it will not work unless your Kinect is on and to have it on means I need to move around, NOT! Oh for all your rich people having all this money to burn on Xbox one send a little my way, ya know share that wealth will ya.

[quote user="Riven57"]

I sit on a chair in front of my small 19 inch analog TV set. A Kinect isn't something I need I cannot jump up and down like a fool due to my age and bad heart. I enjoy playing game been playing since the very first video game both in a bar and in my home. With that said, Xbox 1 serves me not for it will not work unless your Kinect is on and to have it on means I need to move around, NOT! Oh for all your rich people having all this money to burn on Xbox one send a little my way, ya know share that wealth will ya.

[/quote]

by the sounds of it you will need a new tv as xbox one will not run on your TV lol

This is a good post. People don't realize all the features Kinect has, and when you bring them up they just hate on them for no reason. It can tell who you are so when multiple people are signed in with controllers in hand, there is no confusion. It can read codes so you dont have to type them in. It works great with snap mode, and it will be used in games like Madden (calling audibles, which is actually useful at least for me).