Are All Microsoft Points gone forever? What should I do?

I bought my Xbox in Australia but set my Xbox LIVE account which I've been using for 2 years now to UK (When I was in Australia), unaware of the issue I continued to play on the account unable to purchase games that were on the Xbox Marketplace, I could only get arcade games. I did not want to lose all my purchased goods such as avatar items, gamer pics and the possibility of losing or re-downloading games such as the ones that were on the Xbox LIVE promotion 'Free with Gold' so I am yet to migrate my account. Now that this message pops up when I try to purchase DLC I get the message that Microsoft Points are retired, I knew they were soon going to change after being answered on another post but didn't know when. This message which pops up when I attempt to purchase something says that I will get 16.66 Pounds sent to my Microsoft account as an exchange from my recent bought 1950 points. I do not want pounds, I want Australian dollars as I am in Australia. I understand that it is showing pounds instead of Australian dollars because I set my account to UK when I first created the account but what would happen if I migrate my account to Australia? Would I lose that 1950 Microsoft points? Would I lose most of my purchased goods whilst migrating the location? Or would I not be able to migrate my account without losing those points which I purchased only a week ago?

Please reply ASAP I'm worried that I would have lost 20 so dollars.

Thank You 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey,

There is a new forum for the 2013 update questions   It has a shiny new FAQ to accompany the update! Looking at the FAQ, you need to spend the money on your account before transferring regions - as currency won't transfer with you.

FAQ link: support.xbox.com/.../microsoft-points-retire-faq

New forum link:forums.xbox.com/.../4231.aspx

To answer more of your question there is a migration FAQ/help document which encourages you to ensure you've downloaded all content you have purchased, because you may not be able to download it again - and there are no guarantees the content will work.

Migration support link: support.xbox.com/.../change-region

Hope this helps (and doesn't come out as a wall of text)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You shouldn't lose any of your products and your Microsoft points will just be converted into your local currency when you change your location of your account.

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.