Apps / Games Won't Load

Sooooo.... My Xbox was being hit with the Green Screen of Death issue at first. I got that working by loading the OSUDT1 file. While going through the initial start up of my Xbox the Day One patch didn't take. I tested my wireless connection after it failed and it said the connection was fine. I went back to load the patch and it auto skipped to the next setup page which was for the Kinect sensor... I don't think I got the Day One update, so now any game I try to play won't load and if I try to go to the settings menu and touch any button or game pad direction it boots me to home screen... What the heck do I do now??? I can't set the Xbox back to factory default to try and reapply the Day One patch because I keep getting booted to the home screen. Should I try the OSDUT2 patch...now?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 37 Applies to:

I just got off of a chat with support because my games wouldn't play either. They had me turn off the console, wait about 3 minutes. Then press the power button or "light" on the front of the console for about 15 seconds. After that, go ahead and turn it back on. Then go to settings, disk & blu-ray disk setting, then clear the persistent storage. That allowed my games to stop kicking me back to the home screen. And also my headset which seemed broken started working as well. Good luck!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I know this issue can be fixed with a hard reset but WHY is it happening in the first place? Why isn't Microsoft doing anything about ppl having to hard reset there xbox daily?

Sorry this didn't help.

They are doing something ScottyDoo, trouble is what they're doing is completely ignoring all the threads, and there are a lot of them, and refusing to acknowledge the issue, let alone fix it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there ScottyDoo 560!

Due to the age of this thread, I recommend creating a new one.  This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you.  Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried.  Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.