Applying update issue

When the update is nearly complete, and the end in the applying stage, it pops up and says please reconnect your controller.  But the controller is still on and the ring on my 360 still indicates its connected also.  So when i remove the battery pack and turn it back on, the pop up goes away, but then the update stops.  I then get an error message with the last 8 digits being c000-0001.  I looked it up and it says the console needs to be repaired?? I have had no issues with the console before trying to install this update.  It worked perfectly fine until this morning.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey "Hey I'm Here"...You should contact support on this status code.  Also, check out the following URL for details:  support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is ridiculous.  Support is saying it means I have a modified console and theres nothing they can do.  I have never done anything to the xbox, I bought it brand new and have never even had it opened for a repair.  I've been an XBOX live member since day one, after all the money I've given they pretty much just say, "well you must of done something."  *** you XBOX

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey I'm Hero, can you post the full error code? It should be 6 groups of 4 digits long (24 characters total, not counting dashes).

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact thing happenning with mine at the end of the update.  The full code is 3151 335A 1380 2203 C000 0001

What the heck are we supposed to do?  It is a mandatory update.

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, I will add that when I got the disc read error last year, Microsoft told me the console was out of warranty and the repair was going to cost me like $150.  So I went to a local repair shop and had it repaired.  Also, I am using a refurbished unit.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah this is high quality BullSh!t. I can't believe this. Microsoft is a bunch of thieving pansy bastards. If this problem isn't resolved im never playing xbox again. I didn't spend $600+  on the console and accessories just for them to say "Duhhhhhh New update to F*** you over?" I've Rep'd Xbox ever since I started playing it, I laughed at PS3 users when their stuff got hacked but now xbox had to go and put themselves on the same level with them. Pathetic. The way they run things seems to be every bit of of fraud.

My code is different, its          3151 335A B380 0402 C000 016B              

Sorry this didn't help.

If you haven't modified your console or paid an unauthorized repair center to modify your console, then simply call Xbox support. Our support staff is ready to repair consoles that haven't been modified.

Modifying your Xbox voids the warranty and is a violation of the Xbox LIVE terms of use. See section 12 www.xbox.com/.../livetou.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is absolutely absurd my gd day off and they pull out so Straight up bullshit My xbox wont even update it just freezes up or sits there loading forever. Ive been on the phone with tech support the dono wtf the problem is no one knows how to fix it so wtf happened my xbox was fine alllllll last night.

Sorry this didn't help.

MagicDingo00, have you modified your DVD?

Even though the update appears to be hanging "forever", can you let it sit for at least 1.5 hours to see if it eventually times out with an error code?

In a worst-case scenario, if the DVD drive has been modified, then the update will fail after approximately 1.5 hours of attempting to update the drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

Odd I'm having the same problem as everyone else here but sothing tells me you not really reading these posts.  No one here has modified their xbox's.  If anyone did chances are that they would not be on here in the first place.  Are there any other suggestions you can offer?

Sorry this didn't help.