Applying Update: Error Status Code: 3151-351F-B380-0402-C000-0001

Hi well first of all I'm going to explain my situation I hadn't used my X-box for like 2 months then I start playing COD Black ops then I connected my console to Internet and an update appeared so I click on applying he update  when it finished it said my console would restart and it did. As it restarted tha applying update appeared but before it completes a system update failed appears with the Status Code:  3151-351F-B380-0402-C000-0001 I called Xbox support and they told me tht the final 8 digits meant that I have tamper with my console but I have never done such thing as I asked the reason he said that they didn't have that information but that they're formums where I can post this error and that I will receive help. Everytime that I turn my Xbox 360 console Applying update appears and the same status code message pops out I can't play any game because even if it's not connected to internet the "applying update appears inmediatly after I turn on my console". I can't play and so LITERALY my Xbox 360 is useless at the moment I know I haven't been banned because no message about being banned has appeared so I would like any informaion someone might have about these. Just for the record my Xbox360 worked perfectly before these update.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 56 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

did you ever happen to replace the dvd drive. if yes and spoofed it. that is your reason. also try downloading the latest update from xbox.com and burn to a blank disc or to a usb stick and then turn on your 360 with the stick or disc in your drive. hopefully then it will complete the update

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

According to this page support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help the error code is you have to contact Xbox support.

Sorry ignore that, you already have, I didn't read it properly.
Xbox Ambassador.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually I did changed the dvd drive since it didn't worked anymore but I just buy a new one and it worked perfectly that happened like 6 months ago but even though I change my optical reader because it didn't work, is that consider as tamperin even though I only changed the dvd drive? I am going to try to update with a usb I alrady tried to update with a blank disc and it doesn't work.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Fer dictator"]even though I change my optical reader because it didn't work, is that consider as tamperin even though I only changed the dvd drive?[/quote]Yes, that is considered system tampering. Self-repair of the console is prohibited as per the Terms of Use.

Sorry this didn't help.

Note that doing what you did is a way to get banned.  MS can detect this, and will assume that you flashed the drive to play pirated games, whether you did or not.

The only way that MS considers ok to replace a broken DVD drive is to send it to MS so they do it.

In any case, the reason your update failed is because you have the wrong DVD drive in there.  If you look around, you may find a solution to this (search for your error on google), but it will require reflashing the drive again to a proper verison of the firmware, which again opens you up to a possible banning.

Sorry this didn't help.

i say you set up a law suite against them considering you are allowed to do anything to your console after you have purchased it. i donno if you realize this but alot of ppl that got banned for flashing there 360s to read back ups won their cases for this exact reason. once you paid for it you can do what you want to it. technically them banning us for stuff like this is illegal on their part.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can  indeed to anything to your console. However Microsoft are equally within their rights to block your access to Xbox Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="KillaCityCR1P"]

i say you set up a law suite against them considering you are allowed to do anything to your console after you have purchased it. i donno if you realize this but alot of ppl that got banned for flashing there 360s to read back ups won their cases for this exact reason. once you paid for it you can do what you want to it. technically them banning us for stuff like this is illegal on their part.

[/quote]How is it "illegal on their (Microsoft's) part"?  Sure, you may have "paid" for the console, but Microsoft are NOT preventing people who tamper with their console from accessing their 360.  They are preventing them from accessing Xbox Live.  Something YOU DO NOT OWN.  

Sorry this didn't help.

no they have completely bricked my friends console. she replaced her disk drive and now since she hooked it up to live even if she un hooks it from the internet it just pops up with the update thing. she cant close it to play a game or n e thing. and since it was out of warranty it makes sense to replace the disk drive yourself then send it to microsoft and get charged 120 dollars. and we pay for xbox live it aint free.

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually they didn't only banned me from XBOX LIVE I can't play any game I can't even enter dashboard it just has an error code as soon as I turn on my console it doesn't les me play any game.... andall because of the update and well it really seems unfair that my console is totally useless at the moment since I can't use it...

Sorry this didn't help.