Appeal

Hi

Quote from the email from support

"

Hello [REMOVED],

Thank you for contacting Xbox online support, my name is Laura and I will be assisting you today.

As I have reviewed your email, your account was banned because of marketplace theft. And now you would like to dispute that finding because you just purchase games from eBay which was stored in a USB flash drive and was told by whoever sold you those games to play using his account.

I know that this must be frustrating on your end. Rest assured that I will address this concern.

What you can do at this time if you would like to appeal to our Enforcement Team, who is responsible for banning your account, is to post a message on our forum. To post a message you need to create a temporary silver account and include in your message the gamertag in question.

Basically, all suspensions or banning of accounts are handled by our Enforcement Team and not phone or email, that is why there is nothing much that we can assist you other than to advise you to post a message because that is also the only way for you to be able to get through our Enforcement Team.

I hope I was able to address your issue.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) or reference to Service Request Number [REMOVED] so we can expedite our service to you.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service."

To sum this all up, I bought a console+about 10 games off someone off ebay, and the seller assured me all the games were in working condition which they were, I didnt understand what went wrong at the time, so I looked it up, I soon found out the games I bought were stolen.

[REMOVED]

I have bought over $200 worth of DLC's, games and so on on my account and I dont want it to go to waste because of some jack-@@@ selling pirated games :/.

Thanks much

Brendan

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

first and foremost please do not post personal info like emails or phone numbers

thats spam bait not to mention scammers favorites

i'm not an xbox employee just a normal gamer

2nd

please read the code of conduct

www.xbox.com/.../CodeOfConduct

Don’t lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual.

Don’t use your account for commercial purposes (including, without limitation, trading services or in-game content for currency or Microsoft Points

this is the very rule you have broken the previous owner had no right to sell his account to you

nor is account sharing ever allowed

"your account was banned because of marketplace theft. And now you would like to dispute that finding because you just purchase games from eBay which was stored in a USB flash drive and was told by whoever sold you those games to play using his account"

another reason why trading and selling accounts is not allowed

SCAMMERS

if someone gets tricked into getting their account stolen the account is then given or sold on ebay

this is a violation of the terms of use of xbox live and ebay rules

to have an offical answer post here

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there! Unfortunately Support agents will not be able to help you out with this issue. The only people who deal with this type of thing is the Enforcement Staff. Depending on your issue, please refer to one of the following links. Thank you!

For account suspensions, please post in forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx.

For console bans, please read http://xbox.com/consoleban.

For "marketplace theft" issues, please read forums.xbox.com/.../81653.aspx.

For general info on violations and penalties, please read support.xbox.com/.../terms-of-use-conduct.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.