Anyway to get malware on your xbox 360?

I recently tried to connect to a router that wasn't mine, and it connected for a sec, then wouldn't work, so the question is, is there a way to get spyware/malware on your xbox 360?

I thought I would ask here.

Thanks,

Discussion Info

Last updated September 9, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No its not going to happen not even using IE on your Xbox would give it malware.

From everything I've read, none out there. People talking about this on other boards I've seen have said that in theory, it would be possible for somebody to create it, but it would be a ton of work for going after a very small (compared to traditional browser users) audience, so highly doubtful anybody would bother.

My guess is, if it ever happens, whoever does it will mass-message users with something that has obvious red flags- "Hey, check out this site for free points! No logging in required, the codes are right there!" "Check it out, hot naked chicks live!!" or such. Only way to make it worth the time would be to aggressively go after 360 users and lead them into the trap, I'd think.

Thanks.

I'm not sure but one of my friends downloaded a modded profile for halo reach and his xbox never worked again u_u

[quote user="Andreea97"]I'm not sure but one of my friends downloaded a modded profile for halo reach[/quote]There's no way to do this with a 360 and accessories that are used in accordance with the Terms of Use.[quote]his xbox never worked again[/quote]He bricked it doing things other than "downloading a modded profile".

actually, he could also have used one of those aftermarket fans that attach to the outside of the xbox. old or slim, doesn't matter. if you use it you void the warranty and will almost certainly brick it. I have never had it happen to me, but its a known problem

It will be very time consuming which to alot of people might not be worth it. Overall we shouldn't worry about it.

An normal Xbox cannot run unsigned code, so you are not going to get malware.

If it connected to the internet it possible to be targeted. To gain access to network and sniff traffic etc. They have found malware infecting even fridges and smart TV'S.  Why not Xbox 360.. A teen mad malware in india for the kinect

This thread is 2 years old.