Anyway to contact my investigation team?

Its been 7 days since I reported that my account got hacked, recovered, password changed and £180 spent on over 15K microsoft points.  I really want to know what they have found out and how long my investigation will take depending on what they found.

I have been told 7-30 days but that gap is too large, I want better answers.  Is there anyway to contact or phone the people who are actually dealing with my problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 51 Applies to:

As someone who has been waiting for about 3 months, I would say call support every week. I was being patient, waited for a month, stopped being patient, called back every week starting January. I got the run around a few times and finally found out my investigation got lost at some point. Got it restarted a few days ago. No telling how much time nothing at all was going on with my case.

I'm not saying you should be rude or anything. It's not the support reps fault the investigation team is probably balls deep in cases, but just my 2 cents based on my less than awesome experience.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

man i account got suspended for a day its been 2 wats goin on

Sorry this didn't help.

I bet Sony thought the same thing

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="TheEmpireStrike"]

I really want to know what they have found out and how long my investigation will take depending on what they found.

[/quote]

The investigation will take as long as it needs to. There are 30 million subscribers, you are not the only person who needs attention. Be patient, that is why they told you it could take up to 30 days.

[quote user="TheEmpireStrike"]

I have been told 7-30 days but that gap is too large, I want better answers.  Is there anyway to contact or phone the people who are actually dealing with my problem?

[/quote]

When the support agent told you this on the phone why didn't you ask him/her why the gap was so loarge? You won't get any answers about your case until it has been resolved. Contacting them constantly about it will not speed up the process.

While you are waiting for them to complete the investigation you should take a few moments to read up on Account Security for your XBL account. Many people claim they were 'hacked' but that just isn't possible on XBL. It is too secure and safe a network. If not then they would have been 'hacked' long ago and millions of customers would have been affected, but that isn't the case at all. Many people just don't know how to keep their personal information to themselves or use the same log in information across multiple websites/services.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/account-security.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think you can to be honest. You will just have to wait upto 30 business days, but yo ucan give XBox Support a call and see what they say.

Sorry this didn't help.