Anyone wanna get together and file a lawsuit against Microsoft for scamming us out of money?

Ok, so I know I have seen tons and tons of people who have recently updated their consoles and suddenly cannot play discs anymore, you put in a dvd or a game disc that you have played many times before the update, now when you close the tray all it does is say reading for a few seconds and then says open tray as if no disc is inside.... Microsoft's way to fix this is to send your console in for "repair" but if you're one of the many whose warranty ran out, you're out of luck cause you have to pay Microsoft $100 to fix it. THIS is outrageous, no one should have to pay this to have something repaired when it is CLEARLY the update which is causing this, I am looking around locally for an attorney to get this solved, since Microsoft can't seem to do what is needed... I believe we should all get together on this so we can then force Microsoft to fix their mistakes, and fix our consoles.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Got rock solid proof to back up your claim ie something other than "this is my opinion and because it's my opinion it's also fact"?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft already stated before the update that some older consoles wouldn't be able to run the flash to the disc drive that would run the new disc format. They stated that those unable to play the discs after the update would be replaced. However this does not apply to all consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are having issues with your console after the update, please contact phone support in your region for a repair: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

After having the e74 error, this problem with only certain discs not being read....which by the you can fix by manually moving the eye back to its start position....works every time(VERIFY THIS)....and now the Red Ring Of Death....*** Microsoft! Sue them for everything they got. They migh make ok software, but cant create functioning hardware to save their lives.

I'm off to go get a PS3 so i can get all my personal information hacked

Sorry this didn't help.

To move the eye as you call it back to the start position you would need to open the console yes?.
If so advising people to do something that would void their warranty and guarantee MS will never repair their console, either for free or for a fee is less than helpful.

Enjoy your PS.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dealing with lasers in optical drives is also risky business.

Sorry this didn't help.

VernierSlake, do you really think so many people would have the same thing break at the same time?

my xbox WORKED right up until installing microsoft's stupid update, that's pretty much proof enough that the update caused this.

W1LD SEVEN and Mister Gwyther, Phone "support" only tells me to give them money, which I refuse to do. I've been having problems with this console since I bought it, BRAND NEW, and it came with a power cable that didn't go to this xbox... they never told me that they would work on replacing it for free, they will only "fix it" for $100 online or $120 over the phone.

I have found a lawyer nearby, and am working with him over the next few days to see what we will be doing in regards to this, I would have preferred to settle it with support, but they seem to only be able to read off scripts to me and wont help me at all. So I figured this is my next step.

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought if the new dashboard update bricked your console you were able to get a new 250GB xbox 360 slim and a 12 month subscription card......if so, I feel sorry for you Wolf.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well I can only presume you do not enjoy LIVE and wat a vacation from the service OP.

Sorry this didn't help.

I just want a repair that I won't be charged for - and now after trawling through the forums this isn't the first time an update has caused an "open tray" error after it has been applied.

Sorry this didn't help.