anyone help me my wireless headset is stuck on port 2 and wont sync to port 1

my wireless headset wont sync to port one with my controller it just goes to port two and wont work but when i turn my controller off it goes to port one and works but wont work with my controller on anyone help me ???

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 328 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The headset cannot connect to a specific controller.
When you connect an Xbox 360 Wireless Headset to an Xbox 360 console and associate it with a specific controller, the lights on the controller, headset and console match up.

Familiarise yourself with the wireless headset:

Front
  1. DC input
  2. Volume-up button
  3. Power/mute button
  4. Volume-down button
Back
  1. Earloop
  2. Earpiece
  3. Connect button
  4. Lights
  5. Microphone

Try the following:

• Verify the desired position is available:
    1. Unplug the wired headset from the console.
    2. On the wireless headset, press the connect button. Lights on the wireless headset and on the controller are lit when they are connected. If the headset connects to the wrong position on the console, press the connect button again to switch to the next available position.
  • Make sure the headset works:
    1. Disconnect all other accessories from the Xbox 360 console, including any wired Xbox 360 controllers.
    2. Turn off all Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers:
      1. Press and hold the Guide button on the controller for three seconds.

2. Confirm that you want to turn off only the controller.
    3. Press the power button on the wireless headset.
    4. Press the connect button on the console.
      • On the original Xbox 360 console, the connect button is on the front between the Memory Unit ports and the power button.

• On the Xbox 360 S console, the connect button is on the front next to the USB port cover.

5. Press the connect button on the wireless headset. The lights around the power button on the console will spin and blink once. The position that remains lit is the position of the wireless headset.
    6. If you want to test if the wireless headset will connect to the other positions, press the connect button again. The wireless headset will connect to the next position.

If your wireless headset cannot connect to the console, the wireless headset might be defective. You can order a replacement headset from the Xbox Online Service Centre. Product registration may be required.

• Test the controllers:

If a wireless headset can connect to the console when no controllers are connected to the console, there is a problem with one of the controllers. To identify which controller is causing the problem, follow the steps below:

1. If you are using a wireless controller, press the Guide button to turn on the controller. If you are using a wired controller, connect the controller to the first position on the console.
    2. Press the connect button on the controller.

3. On the wireless headset, press the connect button until the lit section on the controller Guide button matches the lit number on the wireless headset. If this is successful, go to the next step. If it is not, the controller might be defective. Try another controller.
    4. Connect a second controller to the second position on the console. Leave the first controller connected to the first position on the console.
    5. On the wireless headset, press the connect button until the lit number on the wireless headset matches the lit position on the second controller Guide button.

If this procedure is successful, repeat these steps for each additional controller. You can connect up to four controllers.

If you determine that a controller is defective, you can order a replacement controller from the Xbox Online Service Centre. Product registration may be required.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/troubleshoot/accessories/controllers-remotes

thanks i just figured out what it is it was one of me controllers i pluged in my other one and it works with that one dunno why it wont work with my main one though its strange

Same happened to me and I can't fix the problem!

It usually does not connect to a controller when you have had a wired headset connected to the bottom of the controller or a chat pad, what happens is the little hole that the jack goes in becomes a little blocked. You need a tooth pick to clean it out and open it back up.

Once you have done that the wireless headset should sync to that controller again.

hey kaleef i tryed the thing you said to do but my headset keeps connecting to slot 2 all the time so do u know any other ways to fix this ??

Are you using a chatpad on said controller if so try removing it

The other thing is to keep pressing the connect button on the wireless headset as it cycles through the the controller numbers.

If you have a spare controller sync that one to number one then see if the wireless headset connects, if it does then connect your first controler to number 2 and see if the wireless headset will move to 2 also with the connect button.

worked for me!! thanks man

@KALEEF Amazing you knew to do this, it worked first try. Thanks bud!

Glad it worked for you, happy gaming.

I cleaned my controller out with a toothpick and it worked.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  I have spent hours trying to figure this out.