Anyone have problems with games backing out to dashboard?

Just started doing it to me the last few days. I will be playing max the curse of the brotherhood, and it will kick me to the dashboard once in awhile. Same thing with killer instinct. It don't happen all the time.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I've had it a few times as well. It stopped doing it after I started doing a hard reset at least once a week. It hasn't done it once to me since. If you don't know how to do just hold down the on button for about 5 - 10 seconds. Don't know if it will help but it did for me.

I've had a few instances so far. It's not too bad though - happens maybe once every week or 2. I can't recall which games though. Regardless, it would be nice to know what's causing it & see if it can be fixed.

Also, just for the record, the term dashboard is so 360... If you don't want to feel old or out-of-date, it's now called the home screen.

yeah do a hard restart... hold down the power button till the 1 turns off.. let it sit for about 15 seconds... then restart it...  should solve all those problems plus more you didnt realize you had...

it happens occasionally. usually after being on for large periods of time. doing a hard reboot fixes everything. Best way to do a hard reboot is to go to settings, turn the power option to energy saver (turning off standby mode) saying xbox turn off waiting until the power brick is orange for 30 seconds then pressing the power button to turn it on

maybe I need to do a hard reboot. I have like 5 crashes to the Home Screen this weekend in BF4. (then again, its hard to blame the console for any issues with that game). LOL

[quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]

maybe I need to do a hard reboot. I have like 5 crashes to the Home Screen this weekend in BF4. (then again, its hard to blame the console for any issues with that game). LOL

[/quote]After the first 2 crashes to the home screen, I do a hard reboot and that fixes things for a week or so.  I for one, will be glad when the next X1 update comes out.  It will hopefully addresses this issue, among other things.

[quote user="SparkStormrider"]

[quote user="x0x CAMARO x0x"]

[/quote]After the first 2 crashes to the home screen, I do a hard reboot and that fixes things for a week or so.  I for one, will be glad when the next X1 update comes out.  It will hopefully addresses this issue, among other things.

[/quote]

its just bogged up by caches and temp files. pretty normal for multitasking devices. my droid bionic, and ipad air both need frequent hard reboots as well. I wouldn't expect it to completly go away, but it'll get better. if i only have to hard reboot once a month that is good enough for me as i hard reboot by phone and tablet at least once a week if not more. my X1 is right on par with that

one of the "fixes" coming in the update is supposed to be for the memory and the way it is managed... I am sure... once that update is live.. the hard reboot will only need to be done, possibly monthly as apposed to weekly...

so can't wait for this 'update' there are so many problems at the moment

Thanks guys i think this worked