Anyone else's Xbox one losing static ip settings between reboots ?

As above, been having this issue for the last week now, i input my static ip settings (static ip setting created via router) into the xbox one, everything works fine open nat is reported....that is until a reboot occurs either via myself switching it off overnight ect....next day says fails to connect to xbox live and when i go into to look it has a totally diferant ip assigned to it.......

Just wondered if this was particular issue to me or if others were having the same issue.

Cheers.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

I had this issue when I set up my static ip. Its possible that your router is just reassigning that IP address to another device on your network. Try setting a static IP with a larger number at the end so your router doesn't automatically give that IP to some other device in your house when your ONE is off.  Maybe this will help. Did for me.

tried that, i have set the static ip via the router as well.......its a strange one thats for sure....

Using DHCP server setting in router, you have to register the console's MAC address and assign the I.P. from there I had the same issue during the launch week.  Now if I could stable out the NAT changing from strict to Open even with the all the ports opened I would be solid.

To find the MAC address for the console go to settings, Network, Advanced setting and on the right side you will see at the bottom you will see the Wired and Wireless MAC address for your console.

I don't assign a static IP address but my Router has the option to use DHCP and assign the same IP address each time.

As we have 3 Xbox 360's & an Xbox One connected to the Router DMZ or Port Forwarding is a non starter.

exactly

I have a lot of devices connected as well during first week of launch my xbox 360, xbox one, dvd player, and tablet were all jumping i.p's everyday so I decided to assign them one.

[quote user="D3AtHbLoOmS"]

I have a lot of devices connected as well during first week of launch my xbox 360, xbox one, dvd player, and tablet were all jumping i.p's everyday so I decided to assign them one.

[/quote]

I have many devices in addition to the consoles that connect to the router, hence my enthusiasm about my router using DHCP and assigning the same IP address each time. Makes life easier as I know what IP address my network printer, network HDD and networked AV Receiver are using.

Nat staying open is my biggest problem even with the ports being opened on router it will bounce from strict to open then from open back to strict.  Have to either power cycle the xbox and restart modem or constantly run the check multiplayer connection and hold both bumpers and triggers until it finally opens back up.