Anyone else swayed by friends?

Only a few of my mates are getting the Xbox One. I am struggling to decide which version of COD to get, do I get the Next Gen to utilize the new console or play with mates on the out of date 360.
-
Does anyone else have this situation and what are you doing?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Not me. Not trying to be rude, but I don't buy games that my friends do. Most of the people on my friends list are getting a PS4 at launch, but I am sticking with an Xbox at launch.

-

If I were you I would buy it for the next gen. If you're going to buy the console you might as well buy games for it.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

I'm not swayed by friends, I'll make new friends if they don't want to play the same games, I don't let people hold me back.

Next gen is going to be incredible, looking at Ryse screenshots today they just look out of this world and show great things to come.

The feathers on this helmet http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/screenshot_37237.jpg

The Character model here http://cdn.medialib.oxm.co.uk/screens/screenshot_37236.jpg

All in game, no cinematics as it uses its game engine to tell the story, so that looks absolutely incredible, such a leap from current gen IMO, can't wait.

Why buy a technology that is going to die when you can invest for the future? your friends will upgrade eventually they'll have to, you can plan for the future now rather than be held back.

The moment they see next gen for real, post launch the will have the niggling itch to upgrade.

Although the multi-platform games like COD, Fifa etc I'm not too excited about as they aren't just pushing one console, so they aren't giving 100% focus.

UnchargedTerror, it's pretty simple buy what you want. It's also pretty easy to get Friends to simply buy a Next Gen. Just tell them about the awesome experience they are missing out on, all the time. Watch the sheep... eer Friends follow.

I'm keeping both my 360 stuff and getting Xbox One (but COD isn't on my priority list. I do play BlackOps 2 on 360 and love playing Zombies on it).

I know some of my friends will be getting Xbox One. Some of them getting the same games and others I don't know what :D I think they may stick with Xbox 360 too until they can get Xbox One. A very few of them are leaning to PS4.

Many are still going to get Titanfall, Halo, Rivals, Forza 5 on One. And with bigger multiplayer and new games coming out, it shouldn't be as hard as climbing Mt. Everest to make new friends.

Go for next gen and then rub it in. Why settle for less. They will see what they are missing!

^^ Yeah, pretty much this.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="Dark destiny"]

I'm not swayed by friends, I'll make new friends if they don't want to play the same games, I don't let people hold me back.

[/quote]

My feelings exactly. It's easier to fly with 100 who like what you do than to drag one whiner behind you. Keep up or goodbye.

I have to go with what I feel is the better system.  

-

It's a lot of money we are laying down for either console, so, I think it would be kinda foolish to not buy the one your really want just so you can still play with your friends.

-

A few of my work mates are jumping ship (or so they say), and I will be sad to see them go, but i do a heck of a lot more than just game with them when I'm on my console.  Have to look at the whole picture.

As much as I enjoy gaming with friends/family but I'd always buy what's best for me regardless of anything else.

[quote user="UnchargedTerror"]

Only a few of my mates are getting the Xbox One. I am struggling to decide which version of COD to get, do I get the Next Gen to utilize the new console or play with mates on the out of date 360.
-
Does anyone else have this situation and what are you doing?

[/quote]

I'm actually in the exact same situation.  I decided to go for x1 because I don't know in the future if I could afford to lol.  So while I had the money I grabbed it.  They all plan to get x1 after tax returns in feb though.