Anyone else starting a new gamer tag?

Now before anyone one says that I have no gamer score so I mustn't have been an xbox gamer for very long the story goes..... I actually own the original xbox (still working by the way) and a 360 (well my 4th due to rrod). My old gamer tag, dufful, won't sign into xbox live on anything other than my xbox 360. I can't even get it to work on smart glass and no amount of contact with Microsoft can seem to get the situation resolved. So I guess I have resigned myself to the fact that it's a new gamer tag for me. I'm trying to look at it in a positive light though. As I will be keeping my 360, my old gamer tag can be a record of everything I accomplished on that great machine and my new gamer tag will be a record of everything I plan to accomplish. Useless info I know but I'm just curious if anybody else is starting new tags especially for the xbox one? Oh by the way this is my first post so go easy on me. Lol

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Had Lord Dirt since day one, no way I am changing it now.

I just used the 800 points or whatever it was to change my name. Colonel Clutz was becoming annoying to me so I switched it to Major Wreckus, which sounds a lot better in my opinion.

I changed my mine as well a couple weeks back. Had my old one since the beginning and I felt it was time for a change.

Wish I had a choice. It simply won't work. I can't even sign into these forums with my old tag. It's frustrating. Especially when I've pre ordered the xbox one and forza 5 which I know gives you bonusus for having played the previous games which is why forza 4 is the only game on this account.

I did consider starting fresh but don't think I can give this tag up now.

I've been giving it some serious thought... 8 year tenure and only 1 GT change in that time (and even it was awhile back). Maybe a fresh start all around with a new tag will be in order when I eventually get my X1.

[quote user="Goatsnatcher"]

[/quote]

I'd probably have trouble giving that tag up too... lol

I don't think I will because I know it sounds weird but I have an attachment to my gamertag. I have been known as Puddin Dagger for a long time even friends I met on Xbox and have met up with in real life refer me to Puddin. Plus I don't want to lose my gamerscore, however I think I will create a new gamertag to have alongside this on the Xbox just have as a spare so that friends and who ever uses my One can use to get achievements on while playing games.

[quote user="A Blue Illusion"]

[quote user="Goatsnatcher"]

[/quote]

I'd probably have trouble giving that tag up too... lol

[/quote]

:)

I dread to think how hard it would be to find a really unique gamertag now.

It does amaze me that we get so attached to something that really just amounts to a score. A sort of proof of gamership! If that's even a word lol. I'm sad to change but at least I will still have my 360 with that tag on it.