Anyone else having problems with MS costome support?

I have a problem with a day one Xbox One that has a different problem. I couldn't get my Xbox One past the initial update. After I downloaded the update the system said it would restart and shuts down. Thing is it never starts back up. I restart the console manually and I am at the initial set up again. It asks me to do the update again, it re-downloads the update and says it will restart and shuts down. Starts that process again. Over and over. Can't get past that. I understand new consoles can have problems. But MS customer service is horrible. I bought my XB One at a game stop and they would have swapped it right out with another one if it wasn't for the serial number on the console and the serial number on the box not matching. Which is supposedly unheard of. So I have no choice but to go through MS customer support. Which from what the Xbox.com says its going to take 17 days. Human mistakes are made. Some one probably put the wrong console in the wrong box. So I call MS. The hold time is 40 min to a 1hr. minimum the automated system says. They take my call after 50min. and bounce me around from person to person with absolutely no kind of help for another hour. Only to tell me in the end I need to call back because now there hardware department is down and they can't help me in any way. Very very disappointing. I'm not asking for any kind of compensation for my misfortune, or there mistakes. How ever you want to put it. I don't want anything other then good customer service and someone telling me they'll get my system replaced with a working one a soon as possible. In a timely manner not over two weeks. So much for "Day One". I'll even take a sorry for the inconvenience and thank you choosing MS. But I'm not pushing it. Any one else experiencing anything like this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you tried the offline system update tool sticky on this thread?

forums.xbox.com/.../1630236.aspx

MCP. MCDST. LVL 80

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

For this issue, please contact MS Support in order to process to a replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.

if your persistent enough, you can do the exchange program, it took me a total of 19 hours of microsoft chattroubleshooting to see if the problem could be fixed(disc based games kicking to home screen, KI power cycling my box 3seconds into a match), sitting on hold for hours on end only to get transferred to the wrong dept on 4 separate occasions. everyone at M$ very apologetic and accommodating...but finally i will have a brand new box by friday.wastold the homescreen kick back could not be fixed through firmware or patch....Built in the USA...murrica!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having the same issue with customer service at Microsoft they lie everyday you talk to them each day is a completely different story so I'm taking my back to Walmart to get my money back screw Microsoft

Sorry this didn't help.

I just had the worst customer service experience in my life. I got a day one console and when I turned it on I was able to do the update and the initial setup. After about 15mins of setting up my dashboard my system froze and turned off. When I turned it back on I got the "Green screen of death". I was able to get the advanced replacement set up on the 11-22. I received my new console on 11-29. The woman (Renee) who set everything up was amazing. The situation sucked but she did a great job with a bad situation. Today, I called in to get the code for the free game that other people have been getting with similar situations. I was told that because my disk drive wasn't broken (I don't even know if it was since I didn't even get a chance to put a game in) I wasn't able to get the free game. When I spoke to Tony (his alleged badge number is 107887732505) he told me "it doesn't matter what you do or who you talk to we aren't giving you a free game". He refused to transfer me to a manager on duty and eventually hung up on me. I called back and got another service rep. I explained everything to him and he finally got me to a supervisor named George. He came on the line and said exactly this "I'm sorry for any trouble you have encountered, I see Tony's notes in the account and I'll get straight to the point, you're not getting a free game". I couldn't believe that I was treated so rude. When I asked him for his badge number he said he didn't have one. I told him that Tony gave me his and his response was "tony lied to you to make you happy". I asked for his job title and he said "I'm an xbox supervisor". I asked him what department does he work for and he wouldn't tell me. I then asked him to transfer me to someone above him and he told me he wouldn't I was amazed at the way these people speak to customers that just spent over $500. I am going to try to contact support again tomorrow to see if I can get to a manager.

Sorry this didn't help.

wow.... rude

Sorry this didn't help.

yea... I was awful

Sorry this didn't help.

it was awful

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue. I have to return my console to repair. They said it will be fixed like in three weeks. But all of this happened after 10 or more calls to CS. I'm so tired of Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

i sent a console in for updating #.[Mod Removed] the console WAS NOT repaired and i can't register the device because it is already registered but does not come up........this is REALLY terrible business and I am seriously disappointed with XBOX.

Sorry this didn't help.