Anyone else disappointed with LA Noire? (poss spoiler)

I am hugely disappointed with it. If you have not completed it just yet please don't read on.

The gameplay was decent pretty much the same as GTA/Red Dead. The graphics where decent and loved the mouth animations. But I think that is all the developers consintraited on the graphics and face animations. The first few cases where ok but not great. The last cases where poor imo. The ending was shockingly bad again imo. Then for the last case the developers pretty much copied the ideas of a certain PS3 exclusive games.

The game felt rushed to me. Not a lot of effort was put into the cases. When ever you went to talk to a suspect only 4 things are ever going to happen. A car chase, A fist fight, A on foot chase, A shoot out. So after 5 or 6 cases the game got a little bit repetative.

That was all my opinion. What are your thoughts of LA Noire?

Also dose anyone know if they offer is still on from GameStation. Trade in LA Noire and get £35 trade in credit plus £5 worth of points on your elite card?

Thanks.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

dunno i got bord of it now completed it and havnt gone on it since lol been playin lego start wars 3 lol

I enjoyed the game alot, though it was very repetative. The cases were well done and i thought the ending was ok.

ye was aawsum with the cases :) they should of gave handcuff on there and arrest them proplery lol mite trade it in for rise of the augnaugts looks gd

If it had been a movie or mini-series LA Noire would have been brilliant.

As a game I just found it a dull experience. I never felt as if I was playing an important part in what was going on.

bought for 34.99

completed it twice

got 35 bk for it, and £5.88 on a gamestation elite card

happy days :)

p.s i completed it twice basically for the 5*, was a great game, but not one to keep hold of because of the ending .... but wont spoil it !

Keeping it, Really enjoyed the game and the ending kind of suited the storyline. Great game.

I thought it was a brilliant game. Haven't played anything like it before.

It was repetitive but the story was good enough to keep you intrigued to keep playing. I think the typical call of duty gamers would hate it though because its slow paced and requires more thinking than shooting.

[quote user="Nitro EX"]

I thought it was a brilliant game. Haven't played anything like it before.

It was repetitive but the story was good enough to keep you intrigued to keep playing. I think the typical call of duty gamers would hate it though because its slow paced and requires more thinking than shooting.

[/quote]One of the problems for me was that the game didn't require much thinking at all.

Evidence at crime scenes was all clearly marked out and you'd get an on screen prompt if it was something to examine more closely. Investigating people's houses was easy as well thanks to the rumble and audio hints when you are near something of importance.

The actual interrogations were about the only part of the game which required a little thought but even then it was pretty obvious which piece of evidence you needed.

Ps. I'm not a fan of the Call of Duty series either.

Its innovation through technology that has been around for a couple of years now and bringing it to a AAA title should be applauded. L.A Noire has now paved the way for future developers to utilise motion scan, which is brilliant for the, frankly dull gaming industry we have at the moment.

The negative comments here are very valid but, you have to admire the achievement from Depth Analysis and Rockstar for implementing the technology into a great game.

You can turn off the rumble hints if you want more of a challenge by the way.

Bottom line, great game, ahead of its time.

The ridiculously small crimescenes are what really made it underwhelming for me.  I wanted really complex and challenging ones, rather than small, with the usual four clues already numbered for you.  Once you had seen one, you had seen them all.

I would have liked to have been able to mess a case up as well, by making hasty judgements.  The game looked amazing. However, an amazing looking but repetitive and dull game, is not what I was hoping for.