anybody purchased xbox points cards at 7-Eleven?

so a 7-Eleven near me has xbox points cards on display now.  Howver 3 times in last 3 weeks I've tried to purchase one, and the sales people can't complete the transaction.  they swipe the card and it just beeps; they look lost, and give up.

tad annoying, especially since I think they just toss the card back on the rack and don't report it.

So anyone actually managed to purchas a card from 7-Eleven?   and yes, we have tried a number of cards, of both 1500 and 3000 points.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 195 Applies to:

If it's those ones that need "activation" maybe they just haven't been taught how to. I don't like those ones but I guess it minimizes theft. I bought a couple from DSmith and took the guy about a minute per card to activate so I doubt some servo operator will know better.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

They activate the same was as iTunes cards, it's really simple, you scan the normal barcode then you scan the barcode on the card. The POS takes about 5-10 seconds to activate each card once payment has been processed.

And yeah, I love that it has completely finished the theft of MS points cards. I'm sure a few 13 year-old kids have already stolen the new ones only to call MS and complain that they don't work haha

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.