Any way to change my account Country/Region?

Hi friends,

I am new to Xbox Live community and I got my account just now. I also got a 1600 MS points that one of my uncle gave me a few days ago. I actually don't know what that is and after researching, I got that I need to get a live account and redeem the code or something like that. So, the problem is, while I was creating the live account, I gave my country/region to USA. After realizing the mistake, I tried to change it but it simply says an error ".....cannot migrate non-adults currently" like that. I tried several times but still no luck. While I'm redeeming the code, it just asks me for the billing information but the country and state are of USA's. So, I need to know if there is any way to change the region or other way to add the points? Please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

You can only change your region if you live in one of these countries: Russia, Poland, Brazil, Hungary, Greece, Czech Republic, South Africa, Colombia, and Chile. Otherwise, you'd have to create a new account with the correct information.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No you cannot change an account once set.

Billing info does not need to be entered on Code redemption

The only way to redeem foreign ms ms points codes is by creating the correct region account for that code

Sorry this didn't help.

@smwutches, thanks. Well, that means Indians cannot create one that matches their region? Thats sad :(.

@ngocphi, But it keeps asking me. So, that means I can't enter the code to mine? It never asked for the code, just takes me directly to the billing info page.

So, I see a code on this thing I have here. When I click redeem code, it just goes to the Billing Account Information page. I have 1600MS points. Is this the correct way to enter the code or is there any other way to enter it other than the redeem code option? When I try to do the same on Xbox.com, the same form is appearing. What to do? Please help!

Sorry this didn't help.

There used to be a discussion thread about this very problem. It had been going on for about 5 years and it has mytseriously disappered. Basically, once your gamertag is created, you cannot change your country if you move. You therefore can't register a credit card, can't buy a Gold subscription, Points etc. Microsoft customer support is awful and  suggests that you create a new gamertag. Not a great suggestion when your gamerscore is in the thousands!

Microsoft know there is a problem, because a call to customer service confirms that, and are not willing to do anything about it. Its ridiculous for such a huge company. Apple, Amazon, Ebay etc. are all quite happy to let you change your region.

A quick fix is to buy points on a "dummy" silver account, and to buy Gold subscription off of Ebay. But you shouldn't have to really, a call to customer services should be enough for you to change your region, but of course Microsoft does not care about it's customers.

Sorry this didn't help.

too many legal issues with on the fly region changing

like forfeiting your downloads

and can only do it once a year and cannot revert back

also they require that you are 18 when you aggree to FORFEIT what you purchase

Sorry this didn't help.