any way other the sending in and paying to get your xbox fixed with update errors?

i have called emailed and looked at alot of forums and it seems the only way is to pay to get it fixed which is complete bull$$$$

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

There is no other way.  The innards of the console is proprietory property of Microsoft and can only be fixed by them.  To do otherwise may end in having your console banned from live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@onyx - That is utter nonsense.  If it turns out this update toasted my three month old xbox and then I HAVE TO PAY to get it fixed there will h e double l to pay.  MS will be looking at a law suit if not a class action law suit.

@OP  If the update broke your xbox it is not unreasonable to hold MS responsible.  So long as you have not opened up your console to poke around yourself and the problem is 100% associated with the update you have every right to demand they fix what they broke.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Eon - if your xbox is only 3 months old then send it in to xbox for a warranty repair.  Other than that, my post is correct.  You can consider it nonsense if you like.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Onyx - I believe you are missing the point.  My xbox was 100% fine before this update.  There was not one single thing wrong with it.  It would be terribly unreasonable and unfair for the party responsible for breaking it to demand I pay one cent to have it repaired.  How would you feel if your brand new car fell off a lift while it was getting an oil change at the dealership?  Would it be fair for the dealership to expect you pay even one cent to fix your car?

Sorry this didn't help.

Are you familiar with the term warranty repair?  That means that if you console is 3 months old it is still under warranty.  Warrant repairs are free.

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Onyx - Will there be any cost at all incurred by those that have to send their cons in for service? Any cost at all, such as shipping etc.?  Will there be any compensation for not being able to use my xbl account for the time it takes to repair the problem MS caused?  Will MS send me a new xbox with a prepaid return shipping label for the return of the bricked console?  

Again, my practically brand new xbox is not working due to no fault of my own.  I should not have to pay one penny to have this rectified.  What about the 15 to 30 days it will take to resolve this, I have a paid gold membership to xbl that I cannot access.  Will MS compensate me for that as well?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not going to argue the point with you.  You know you have a warranty on your console.  You know what to do.  It's now up to you to decide whether you want to do anything about it.  

Just remember.  The longer you choose to sit here and argue the point with people who are gamers just like yourself and not call support, the longer you are without your console.

Have a good weekend.

Sorry this didn't help.

Fum: What exactly is your update issue? Have you tried manually updating your console? We have steps and files here: support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help

Sorry this didn't help.