Any plans for a MS Wireless Speed Wheel for XBox One?

Really liked the SW for the 360, it didn't need all the wires, foot pedals, generally annoying appliances that really weren't comfortable or intuitive.  When I first bought the SW I thought it was going to be a waste of money but it turned out to be ideal.  I host frequent parties in my game room and my two Xbox 360s and now an additional Xbox One are very popular especially the racing games, so having these simple steering wheels is well suited for this environment.  Just curious as to whether MS has plans to create a new version of the SW for the One since the 360 SWs aren't compatible?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If they do I hope they remember to include the bumper buttons.

I waiting for the Wireless Speed Wheel for Xbox One also.  The Xbox 360 wheel is great.  I don't understand why they didn't have it ready to sell from the beginning when Xbox one and Forza Motorsports 5 was launched!  I'll buy the new console after they release the new speed wheel!

And yes, I hope they can add the buttons also.

(I meant for this reply to be here.)☺☻☺☻

I waiting for the Wireless Speed Wheel for Xbox One also.  The Xbox 360 wheel is great.  I don't understand why they didn't have it ready to sell from the beginning when Xbox one and Forza Motorsports 5 was launched!  I'll buy the new console after they release the new speed wheel!

I'm also waiting for the Wireless Speed Wheel by Microsoft for Xbox One also.  I own the Xbox 360 wheel and it's great!

I won't invest in any new Forza games  (Forza 5) till they come out with a wheel for the Xbox One. Currently there are some 3rd party wheels, but they are so new, just like the console and I'm sure updates will come out that the current Xbox One 3rd party wheels won't be able to address since they are 1st gen. They're also expensive.

Trying to drive a car with the controller is not that much fun, especially once you get use to having a normal driving wheel.

Xbox One X
Xbox One
Xbox 360
Band 2
Zune 120
Zune HD 64 GB
Kinnect Beta Tester
Surface Pro 1
Surface Pro 3
Harman Kardon INVOKE

I'd probably buy a wheel if they brought a good one out (like the 360 one) but it's not a real game changer for me. I'm not always in the mood for using a wheel and they can be fairly difficult to get comfortable with.

Yessss.  And yes they need to add bumpers.  Until then I wonder why do virtual wheel w Kinect.  Throttle could be like rivals.  

The 2 links posted above are agreeably way too expensive. If the MadCatz one is the one I've been hearing about, it's meant to be a very high end wheel. I still wouldn't touch it though, my experience with them has produced some truly horrid Game Boy accessories and PS1 pads which have been chucked away. That may have been 10 years ago but 1st impressions count and they lost me as a customer a very long time ago.

As for the Ferrari one... That's just a reflection of what you pay for the Ferrari logo. People always consider Apple to be paying for the logo but seriously, check out the Ferrari merchandise store. They even sell wallets and key rings in the hundreds. Another wheel that I wouldn't touch purely because although it may be good, I can all but promise it isn't £350 good.

All in all, I'm in general agreement that we need an official one that is a good quality but not too over the top like the 360 one. £130 was a high price point but a great accessory for the racing game lovers and it didn't properly break the bank. If I remember rightly, it came with PGR3 too so that a bundled copy of Forza (although I already own it) would be nice too. hint hint.

@Dynamic

The Thrustmaster wheel is an excellent wheel. It had some quality control issues from a rushed launch which have been fixed and it required a firmware upgrade at launch which threw many console gamers for a loop and generated some bad reviews.

I'm sure the Ferrari brand added something to the cost but not as much as you'd think. I own their T500 wheel and it cost twice the price without a mention of Ferrari. They make quality wheels.

The high end wheel for the 360 was the Fanatec and most sim racers are hoping they make it backwards compatible but that's starting to look like it won't happen.