Any one having automatic sign in troubles?

Okay so I have my account "thanxforplayin" and then made my girlfriend one she set up the facial recognition stuff….but while i am playing the xbox will confuse me for he and sign her profile in making mine go to background… bs

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I now have my whole family set up and it no longer recognizes me when I turn the system on.  I'm forced to manually select myself to sign in.  Not a big deal, but the automatic Kinect sign in was pretty cool.  Any suggestions anyone?

I'm having the same issue. It signs in as me at first then randomly it will recognize me as my daughter. Which is odd since I'm 6'2" and 215lb. While my daughter is 5'3" and might way 100lbs wearing all her clothes an soaking wet. A bit irritating to say the least.

Yes, I have been finding this happening. I'll Just be sitting there playing a game and then suddenly it will say "welcome Juli!" (one of my sons friends that was over a previous day and added her account) Then the more frustrating thing is It is difficult to figure out who is signed in as the lead account once this happens. X1 just shows you the gamerpics of all the users signed in on the upper left. I Don't think it indicates which is the primary user at any given moment.

Yes, this right here.  I love the fact that my wife can have an account.  She loves it as well, and maybe doesn't notice that it signs me in when I'm not there, or signs me instead of her and vice versa.  It works 75% of the time...but man that 25% can be annoying. Kind of wish they just had some kind of facial calibration beyond "waive your hand if this is you" type deal.  

Mine signs myself, my girlfriend, and my room mate all in perfectly. The only gripe I have is it doesn't recognize my girlfriend with her glasses on.

Oh, it signs me in just fine. Try having other people walk in besides those people that are registered on your X1. See if it identifies them. It probably will mis-identify someone and log them in as a user already on your X1, even though they haven't signed up. It seems like the Kinect 2 is always trying desperately to assign any faces in the room to an account. It's just always scanning.... yesterday it signed my graphic tshirt in as Juli. It had a crude drawing of a face in the design. I was just sitting there playing Forza for over an hour, no one else in the room, and it popped up.  

If I wake up and turn it on with crazy bed head it will totally sign me in - if I am wearing a hat, have my hair combed etc itwill not. I thought it was all about measurements of your facial features?

Sometimes I'm not realy even sure whether or not mine is telling me I'm not logged in.  For instance, a good portion of the time I have no trouble saying "XBox On" and from there is greets me "Hi....." but then I notice when I'm trying to voice navigate to maybe the One Guide, TV, some other app, while Zkinect is listening nextto my gamerpic in green it says Sign in and i'm like "OK....why? I thought iw as already signed in?", so I don't really even get that 1.  but I mean I know I'm connected to the network.  So like I said I'm not really even sure just what it's telling me because my gfamerpic shows up, my profile gamerTag and name show upin he profile panel, so unless someone else here can explain this 1 to me would be really helpful.

I had this trouble so i deleted my other halfs account now when ever i go on cod or forza or ryse it comes up asking me what profile id like to use kinda annoying

I found this also on set up,but after removing everybody and on setting up again,each new account /person added we did it with just them in view of the kinect and it worked fine,installing the voice app will also help the kinect localise your voice from the rest of your family to.I do find it funny though wen your doing nothing on the xbox and it does still ocasionally say hello to you,im sure there are patches on the way,it is only the 1st week.