Any idea when we will are getting windows 10 for xbox one

Any idea when we will are getting windows 10 for xbox one  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There is no Windows 10 for Xbox One. If you're asking for the new XB1 dashboard, which has /some/ W10 innards, it should release sometime in the fall.

Yes there is Windows 10 for Xbox One.

The Xbox One runs a cut down version of Windows 8 as one of its three operating systems. It is the upgrade to Windows 10 which is going to allow the One to use DirectX 12 and allow easier porting between console and PC.

I'd imagine sometime after it's released for PCs, soooo after the 29th.

It's not getting the full OS, just some windows 10 architecture under the hood. ;)

Phil Spencer said Windows 10 for Xbox One will arrive sometime this fall.  So I would imagine Oct/Nov 2015

Love Windows 10, it's gonna be better than that Windows 8 UI on Xbox 1 right now. And Xbox 1 has potential for it. Cortana digital personal assistant on Xbox 1 I'd be so mellow in working in conjunction with voice commands, your console talks back to you like siri or google on your phone. Hololens or what you call it. In fact, Microsoft has me hyped for Windows 10 that I'm going to get a new laptop with Windows 10 when it comes out next week or so. Currently have an HP Pavilion dv6 with Windows 7 Home got 2011 and it's slowing down. Most of my friends (I have a full Xbox 360 friends list) and players who I've met on Xbox Live don't like that Windows 8 UI on Xbox 1. It prevented you from having Voice Messages and changing the dashboard/desktop background DAY ONE until Microsoft worked around it. Xbox 1's UI was also terribly laggy when it came out Day One it felt like Windows Vista on a console with an 8 core processor and 8GB RAM and the console has super fast ESRAM (192GB/s theoretical peek performance which is faster than 178GB/s GDDR5 can ever achieve with the competition). Microsoft has made tonnes of updates and changes to the UI/OS on Xbox 360, and they're going to do the same for Xbox 1 to keep it fresh and enjoyable.

I also feel Windows 10 will be a bigger success than Windows 8. One of the things with Windows 8 is they made big changes to the UI style from Windows 7 by adding new features. They also did this with Windows Vista but it was such a slow OS, then Windows 7 came along and it was a better and faster OS. Then comes Windows 8 it was so bad lol (just joking) they had to make a Windows 8.1. Windows 10 comes out next week yay so I'd imagine Microsoft will updated Xbox 1's UI some time later this year or so.

Xbox 1 has THREE operating systems on it, Windows kernel (that would explain the Windows 8 look), Xbox OS and a Hypervisor. Well it isn't EXACTLY the same OS they put on PC's, I'm sure they're capable of making the UI/OS on Xbox 1 much better on a console with an 8 core processor and 8GB RAM.

I'll be sold on Cortana if they use Jen Taylor's voice here in the UK. I stopped using it on my Windows Phone because they localised the voice. No dammit. Give me the real Cortana.

Windows 10 PC is odd to me because it is Windows 8.2, it's nothing more than a service pack and yet is getting massive praise. The start menu is essentially just a windowed version of the start screen.

Vista wasn't a bad OS, Microsoft just lied about the minimum specs required to run it.

The new interface that is coming for the One looks horrible to me. It reminds me too much of the UI for the PS3, something I found terrible to interact with.

Does this mean the Fisher-Price looking bloop bloop garbage we have now we go away ?

Still not liking the look of the new UI for the console, but if it improves performance I can let it go... ;)