Anti-Kinect Rally/Convention!

Due to MS saying they will never release a XB1 without the K2 I have decided to host a rally/convention for all those who want to speak out against this decision... And then individually punch each one of those said people in the face for being annoying sooks who need to have a diaper change and purchase a PS4. . Stop crying already!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="DieselRose"]

The point is the device comes with the console. Just like some cars come with Bluetooth hands free. If that does not appeal to you then don't buy the machine. It's that simple. Crying is not going to change it. Whinging is not going to accomplish anything. It will still be there.

[/quote]

You're preaching to the choir, I'm already not buying it. I was merely stepping in to clear up some obvious confusion about the concept of subjectivity versus objectivity.

If you don't like the price of the console there is a cheaper alternative, the PS4. To many people today think they are entitled to everything as if they were part of the royal family. There is option A. Xbox One which comes with the K2. Option B. PS4. Or option C. Neither. You CANNOT complain about peanut MnM's having peanuts as that is what they are. If you don't want the peanuts then buy one of the other MnMs. You can't afford a high performance car because insurance or repayments are too much, you don't tell the manufacturer to simply reduce it from twin turbo to single, or drop it from 8 cylinders to 4 or 6. By doing so you are changing THEIR product. The product is how they want it to be. It is theirs, their idea, their image, their creation. You are just the pleb who is throwing cash at them for it because it appeals to you.

[/quote]

Those are actually some pretty bad examples since Mars offers different varieties within their M&M brand, and car manufacturers also offer options within their models. In your example, Microsoft would only be offering M&M's with peanuts; there would be no other option within M&M's.

You have no rights when it comes to their creation or ideas. They may take notice of feedback or advice, however if they decide to not change certain aspects of it then you do not have the right to demand they change it.

[/quote]

Maybe. But as a publicly traded company, their board will ensure that their vision follows where the money leads them. Mind you, I'm not predicting where that might be down the road.

There has been a lot of thought put into these consoles and just because they are putting in an innovation you don't "think" you like or that you don't understand does not take away from the fact that they have a plan for the console. They have an end goal. They have something they want to achieve with it that at launch may still be in its fledgling years. But they are building it up to their dream. If you cannot comprehend their dream then simply wait and watch it unfold. If you don't like where its going then shut up and jump overboard. But if you like the idea of someone trying something new with something that has stayed relatively the same since its birth then keep an open mind.

[/quote]

You claim to have a lot of insight as to Microsoft's intentions, and how much thought and effort went into the design of this console. I am curious as to why upgraded motion sensor hardware is considered innovative and upgraded console hardware is not, when both have existed for some time already prior to this upgrade.

There is no advancement without pushing the boundaries of what others consider the "norm." You want a gaming machine that functions just like all your other gaming machines but has better graphics? Congrats you encourage stagnation. You are afraid of change. You are not as smart or as imaginative as you would like to believe. The K2 is not the messiah of the gaming world. However it is attempting to carve a new path/chapter in gaming history and change how we the players interact with games themselves.

[/quote]

You claim to have a lot of insight into ones motivations, fears, intelligence, and imagination without knowing anything about them (especially since it was directed so generally).

Pull your heads out of your *** and stop believing that you have some sense of entitlement just because you are part of the *** generation that wants everything right now and will not accept anything but what they imagine to be the best. If you are incapable of a perspective shift, then *** your pie hole until the consoles launch and see if they are what YOU imagine them to be, or of they turn out to be an entirely different beast.

[/quote]

On what basis do you make the assertion than people who do not want a Kinect all belong to the same generation?

all this talk of hats and no mention of  team fortress 2?blasphemy...

I agree with Diesel's second to last post, it has some good valid points in it. I think too many people are becoming greedy and are expecting Microsoft to cater to everybody's individual wants and needs. They have already allowed consumers to simply unplug the sensor from the console if they do not wish to use it, that's good enough. I never agreed with the idea of it having to be plugged in to function, that's just plain wrong. Now I can enjoy playing my Xbox One in the future and should a good game come out that is Kinect enabled or functions better with it, then I'll plug it in and give it try. If it benefits me and the way I play the game then it will remain plugged in, if it doesn't? Then I'll simply unplug it or put it back into the box. That's why I like knowing that I will always have it from the get go, developers now have the incentive to develop games that can serious harness and utilize the power from the new sensor and create some both unique and fantastically fun games. I wish people would stop moaning about the price as well, game consoles are a premium / luxury item and I would never expect them to be cheap. If you cannot afford the Xbox One then simply head over to Sony, they're not going to ditch the price just because you don't like it. I'll be honest, there is nothing wrong with loving either console. You simply choose the console that will benefit you more, in my case it will be the Xbox One because the online servers will of course be better, I regularly use Skype to keep in touch with friends and I prefer the exclusives that will be coming to the Xbox One. Basically, what I'm saying is - If you don't like the Kinect 2, don't want it and still want the Xbox One? Simply stop being a drama queen about it and just pay for the console or head on over to Sony and buy their console instead. 

Stolen I'm not sold either. But I'm willing to give it a fair go and see what they can do with it. Having it plugged in will no affect anything. One of my Samsung Smart Tvs already has a built in camera and all the cool motion sensing jazz as well as all the other bells and whistles. My other Smart Tv was the model just before they came with the cameras so I openly welcome it having the same possibilities with the Xbox One. And if I could also have something similar on the Sony Bravia system my kids have in their play room I'd integrate it too.

Too many people are scared of things and quick to pass judgement on *** they have never seen nor tried.

If the K2 doesn't end up being your thing then don't use it?

I'm still on the fence about Kinect I always liked xbox and this is the first xbox I won't buy at release. But I'm not stupid or a tard I haven't made my mind up yet. You guys all over Kinect are not helping me make up my mind.
Sheesh.

The point is the device comes with the console. Just like some cars come with Bluetooth hands free. If that does not appeal to you then don't buy the machine. It's that simple. Crying is not going to change it. Whinging is not going to accomplish anything. It will still be there.

If you don't like the price of the console there is a cheaper alternative, the PS4. To many people today think they are entitled to everything as if they were part of the royal family. There is option A. Xbox One which comes with the K2. Option B. PS4. Or option C. Neither. You CANNOT complain about peanut MnM's having peanuts as that is what they are. If you don't want the peanuts then buy one of the other MnMs. You can't afford a high performance car because insurance or repayments are too much, you don't tell the manufacturer to simply reduce it from twin turbo to single, or drop it from 8 cylinders to 4 or 6. By doing so you are changing THEIR product. The product is how they want it to be. It is theirs, their idea, their image, their creation. You are just the pleb who is throwing cash at them for it because it appeals to you.

You have no rights when it comes to their creation or ideas. They may take notice of feedback or advice, however if they decide to not change certain aspects of it then you do not have the right to demand they change it.

There has been a lot of thought put into these consoles and just because they are putting in an innovation you don't "think" you like or that you don't understand does not take away from the fact that they have a plan for the console. They have an end goal. They have something they want to achieve with it that at launch may still be in its fledgling years. But they are building it up to their dream. If you cannot comprehend their dream then simply wait and watch it unfold. If you don't like where its going then shut up and jump overboard. But if you like the idea of someone trying something new with something that has stayed relatively the same since its birth then keep an open mind.

There is no advancement without pushing the boundaries of what others consider the "norm." You want a gaming machine that functions just like all your other gaming machines but has better graphics? Congrats you encourage stagnation. You are afraid of change. You are not as smart or as imaginative as you would like to believe. The K2 is not the messiah of the gaming world. However it is attempting to carve a new path/chapter in gaming history and change how we the players interact with games themselves.

You don't like it? You know where the door is. You will not be missed.

Pull your heads out of your *** and stop believing that you have some sense of entitlement just because you are part of the *** generation that wants everything right now and will not accept anything but what they imagine to be the best. If you are incapable of a perspective shift, then *** your pie hole until the consoles launch and see if they are what YOU imagine them to be, or of they turn out to be an entirely different beast.

I hate children who are impatient, self-righteous and have delusions of grandeur who have tantrums over piece of hardware that isn't even *** finished yet.

Tools.

Anybody see the Xbox One spoof on YouTube where the Kinnect mirrors HAL from 2001 Space Odyssey? Hilarious!

My point is the tards are making claims that they cannot back up with fact.

[/quote]

Right, because there is no supporting evidence that can be made for subjective opinions. They are based on personal judgment and will be different for everyone.

Some toss pot said we don't  live in a world that is 100% fact... We don't? So a car isn't a car? It doesn't drive? The sky isn't blue? In this instance there is no 100% facts other than the console is coming with the Kinect. So saying its useless is as imaginary as the bible because you have not used it, nor have you had any physical hands on experience with any of it. You are just making uneducated guess faded of the K1 which you don't like and refuse to even be open tot the possibility this may in fact be different.

[/quote]

Look up the difference between objective and subjective. Everyone is making a judgment based on what they know about the device. Whether they are deciding the device is for them, or not, depends on a number of factors and will be different for everyone. You look at the device, and the functionality it offers, and it appeals to you. I look at the device, and the functionality that it offers, and it does not appeal to me. Neither one of us are wrong, or right. Whether or not someone wants to pay for the device is not something that is objective.

My point is the tards are making claims that they cannot back up with fact.

Some toss pot said we don't  live in a world that is 100% fact... We don't? So a car isn't a car? It doesn't drive? The sky isn't blue? In this instance there is no 100% facts other than the console is coming with the Kinect. So saying its useless is as imaginary as the bible because you have not used it, nor have you had any physical hands on experience with any of it. You are just making uneducated guess faded of the K1 which you don't like and refuse to even be open tot the possibility this may in fact be different.

[/quote]

OMG A car is a car but there are different types, and which type of car is worth my purchase? Not every one will like the same car. Your 100% fact barrier have been broken.

All we have to go off of is what MS showed on K2 and what K1 had to offer. I would love to see K2 in action more to help me make a decision, I can't belive you've made a decision on so little?

Maybe that would be a good thing and I could stop bashing my head against the table due to interactions with stupid people.