Another one with Black Screen flash - Philips HDTV

We also have black screen flash on our Philips HDTV. The Xbox one will display a black screen, no sound for 3-5 seconds multiple times, randomly, during games, live TV,  DVD, sometimes it's almost unusable. We have tried alternative hdmi cables and this makes no change. Looking on here it seems other Philips owners have the same issue, the tv is recent and was over £1000 so to find this issue is not good. Looks like Sony Bravia owners are experiencing similar :( 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 89 Applies to:

I had this exact same issue with my sharp tv and it is now fixed.  My screen used to flicker black 2 or 3 times every 10 minutes or so and I tried a lot of things to fix it.  This went on for about a month and I finally gave up and put it on 720P which worked fin.  Yesterday I decided to try to fix it, I put it on 1080P and instantly got flashes again.  

What finally fixed it for me I believe was doing this:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected

I should not that before I did this I was messing with the display settings.  I turned optical audio off.  Then just for fun I switch the RGB settings to full (computer) and that crapped out my screen and it went completely black.  That is when I force powered off the xbox (held power for 6 seconds), tv, cable box, av reciever, everything, and then proceeded to reset the console to low resolution as described in the link above.

Once the xbox powered back on it has been working at 1080P ever since (about 3 days now).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Bump!!!!!!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.