Another Gamertag Using My E-mail?

I have been receiving emails and been greeted as FADEDxZIGZAG51. This is not my gamertag in any way, shape, or form. I cannot find anything on the website which links this so called, account name, to my gamertag.

I have not received any emails requesting approval of this gamertag, all I've received is an email with this heading on the 22/09/2012.

'FADEDxZIGZAG51 see what's happening with Gaming on Xbox 360.'

Is this some mistake I'm getting these emails and haven't done anything to provoke it? I don't understand how a gamertag could have access to my email account without my approval...

Anything I can do about this?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello AlmightZaxPac

I don't have a direct  answer for you but  I have an idea that may cause this situation.

It could be possible that someone [another gamertag]  has entered your email account   as their  contact preference or mailing address . I don't know if that person enter their account infomation accidentally or incidentally .

Just to be safe, I would recommend you to switch your gamertag with another Microsoft Account , preferably a new one.  You can follow the directions here.

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

My answer is just an idea.  Maybe another user or the support team  can give you a more direct answer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It may be an old gamertag that u had on that account. Cause I've had someone send me a message with there old name  attached to the meassage but when I go open it. it would says a whole different gamer tag then the one that sent the message. In the first place.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.