Another failed update post..

So just like everyone else, I tried to download the update on 3 different networks, and the all fail (even though my room mates' xbox updated fine). I tried the usb method and the cd-r method and niether of them worked. My xbox either wont recognize them at all or it will and as soon as the update pops up, ill select update and it will immediately give me an error. Wierd queston to everyone out there, is everyone having the issue with the download have a newer xbox? Cause my roommate has the older white one. No representative has been able to help at all with the situation.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

@OP What error comes up when you try to update? (be as detailed as possible)

@2nd Poster try clearing your cache and redownloading the update. If that doesn't work clear your cache again and do the manual update methods (USB/CD-R). Report back with what happens and be as detailed as possible with any errors that come up. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have an older white one and I'm still disconnecting constantly. Unfortunately xbox doesn't have the decency to admit their update caused a problem for many users. I've been without consistent LIVE for 9 days.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.